Hot 97 at work

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
So Hot 97 in NY doesn't stream on their site. Are there any other ways without an FM receiver to listen to this station at the desk?If not, any recommendations on internet sources for quality current hip-hop/club stuff (preferably DJ mixed). With no radio at home or at work, I need a good way to stay up on what's popping.Shouts to The Rub, King Most and others' work on Scion radio, btw.

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I would do this at work with my mp3 player that was able to transmit radio. i know there's some adapter for iPods if you want to go that route. or hit up duane reade or something and buy a little alarm clock with FM radio and a headphone outlet.

• Yeah, I think the cheap clock radio or whatever is going to be the move. Until I can fuck with something like Sirius or whatever.

Listening to your winter mix right now.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    How the hell are you man??????

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'm his manager. he is sorry, but the time consumption of dstill power moves prevent him from addressing you in a more direct manner. the official word is that outside of inability to keep up on what is popping with the hot 97 whoo kidd mixes at the desk, he is fine, and sends his regards.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I usually listen to Hot 97 for the throwback at noon with DJ Mr. Cee. Run that for an hour, then wait until 3PM and shift to 98.7 Kiss FM to listen to Michael Baisden's talk radio show Love, Lust & Lies. I like the topics and music (don't hate). Depending on the guests or discussion, I'll listen to that or Angie Martinez. Then from 5-6PM, I usually try to catch the rush hour for the live mix show with DJ Enuff (Heavy HItters). He's a bad dude. That afternoon radio block helps my afternoons move when I'm at the office. If all that is tired, I'll tune in to BBC's 1Xtra and listen to whatever is streaming or rock an archived show.

PS - Thanks for listening to the mix!

• HAHA. Though it's true that budgeting time for personal appearances on the strut is more of a rarity, my representatives are true professionals.

I'm good man. Grinding, going home late, etc. etc. Caught up with the holmses JimBeam and Cas spinning records w/ Peaceful_Rotation and MorseCode up in the bay, which was a pleasure.

Hope all is good in SD, and that you're supporting some of the few good DJ nights there are to be had there. Will def give you a shout if I'm in the area.

no. no djs in san diego.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    no. no djs in san diego.

One of these nights I wanna bring by a box of 45s or something.

no. no djs in san diego.

come out on saturday. we'll discuss scheduling. it's a highly sought after and excessively lucrative time slot, that little monthly gig of ours. it paid for the smaller yacht i have currently anchored in the san diego bay. we'll see if your "45's" (pshaw!) are up to snuff.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    no. no djs in san diego.

come out on saturday. we'll discuss scheduling. it's a highly sought after and excessively lucrative time slot, that little monthly gig of ours. it paid for the smaller yacht i have currently anchored in the san diego bay. we'll see if your "45's" (pshaw!) are up to snuff.

Perhaps, although I like to keep my DJ gigs unannounced. I prefer to roll up on somebody and say "I'M PLAYING MY RECORDS NOW."

when you walk out, you gonna have twice as many pieces of plastic as when you walked in.