Pootie Tang vs. The Wire

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I watched Pootie Tang the other night and noticed that Reg. E Cathey (Norman, Carcetti's campaign manager) and JD Williams (Bodie) were both in it, ironically acting together in the movie. amazingly, can't fine a single picture of dirty dee on the web. this is the best I could find of both of them. JD looks like Usher from that My Way video.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I watched Pootie Tang the other night and noticed that Reg. E Cathey (Norman, Carcetti's campaign manager) and JD Williams (Bodie) were both in it, ironically acting together in the movie.

The 4 actors playing the kids plus Robert Chew (Prop Joe) do the DVD commentary for season 4 episode 11, and the boys were very excited about the appearance Dirty Dan in Carcetti's cabinet. Of course, the gold-mine for early Wire actor appearances is Oz. I was a fan of Oz before the Wire started so my head was constantly blown by how many Oz cats were in it, including JD Williams (as Kenny); Reg Cathey (as Martin Querns), plus
    Carver: Seth Giliam as the guard Clayton Hughes,
    Daniels: Lance Reddick as Desmond the undercover cop
    Rawls: John Doman as Colonel Edward Galson
    Agent Kristos Koutris: Tom Mardirosian as Busmalis (the old dude who was always trying to tunnel out)
    Herc: Domenick Lombardozzi was in a couple of episodes in season 4

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. I was looking through imdb to confirm and I saw that Brother Mouzon (Michael Potts) was in one episode, but I don't remember that episode.