Early/Mid 90's Hip Hop Mixtapes??

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone know where I can find/download some quality mixes from that era? I'm talkin' 'bout mixes with joints by World Renown, Boogiemonsters, Pete & Cl, OC, Keith Murray, Artifacts, Real Live, Reggie Noble, Nine, Quik, Richie Rich, Akinyele, etc. You know, that sorta thing... My own tapes from back then were lost a long time ago, and I recently fell back in love with that era after having not heard these songs in damn near a decade.... Any links would be much appreciated!By the way, y'all remember this one? I'd never heard the dirty version before. Man, this was my jam...

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    there was a bunch of lord finnesse/kid capri etc posted up on here not long ago, also worth tracking down is dj daddy dog 5th period detention

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I can't remember who, but someone posted this pretty good site a few days ago.

http://mixtapesite.com/index.php

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Honestly I gots to name Funkmaster flex. Some of his early mixes were and are legendary!Nobody was doing shit like him back then...
    Also cats like Mr Vince(I picked up a mix tape done by him and some other cat who I can't remeber mixing DITC tracks for their new release and it was straight hotness...There are alot more good mixes...in fact this thread is on time cuz I',m bringing back the mixtapes with a couple different releases. 90's usa and 90's France mixes coming out...

• Thanks for the replies!

You're right, Flex had some burners back then. I'm on the hunt...