Hate it! No! Love it! No! HATE it! Love! Hate! AK!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• i only hear it occasionaly on the radio in the car, but I like it. Just reminded me that I was trying to remember who it was. Thanks. I like the sax. That's not who I pictured singing it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i only hear it occasionaly on the radio in the car, but I like it. Just reminded me that I was trying to remember who it was. Thanks. I like the sax. That's not who I pictured singing it.

Neither did I! And I like the slightly off-tune, raw sax but I love/hate the damn tune.
    The song is addictive and cute and catchy and stomps on my last nerve with stripper heels all the while.

• the only other Frickin' song I recognized out here. Regardless, shit is dope.

• It's fun.
    That's where my great-great-grandparents came from

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Apparently the singer, Natasja, was killed in a automobile accident in Jamaica this past summer, not seeing the height of the song which she was featured.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the lyrics are in English, but don't really explain why it's called Calabria...maybe cause it's a heavy Euro track?
    She's basically singing a flirty I and everyone else knows you're hot, but I can handle it so don't play and don't hurt yourself trying to impress me but bring it on and yea, you make me feel funny inside.

• haha yeah, I didn't realize they were in english until I googled it.

I'm bummed to hear she went out like that...

• Man that is heaps better than the rubbish version that charted here -

The version with the MIMS rap is kinda hot too.

• Apparently the singer, Natasja, was killed in a automobile accident in Jamaica this past summer, not seeing the height of the song which she was featured.

I heard this months ago and thought it was very catchy. Not really into it. But I could see it blowing up. I guess it is huge in Denmark.

I heard about the accident she was in and didn't realize how loved she was. I checked some clips of her on youtube and there is this one of her DJ'in (spittin patoi) over some riddim in Jamaica, or some place in the carribbean, and she was pretty dope. Most people I know have never heard of her -- which isn't that hard to believe.

EDIT:

Found the video clip it was her winning the Irie FM 2006 "Big Break" competition.