best R&B and Soul finds of 2007

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
..on the radio tonight!Shingaling and myself will be playing our bestest and favoritest R&B and Soul records we dug up this past year on a special edition of "In the Basement" 89.9 FM in the Memphis area or www.wevl.org on the interwebs...10 to midnight(CST)oh, also I am filling in on the Jazz show(Songs for my Father) immediately before (8PM to 10PM CST), so if you are on the computer tonight...check it out! 4 hours of top shelf listening!

Comments

• bump..Jazz records start spinning in about an hour, R&B and soul in 3 hours...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    cool show.

i caught it one dark evening driving through memphis on my way somewhere or other, most likely little rock.

listening to lillian hale on the air and then hear the announcers... and think... shit, these dudes are on soulstrut!

haha.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    cool show.

i caught it one dark evening driving through memphis on my way somewhere or other, most likely little rock.

listening to lillian hale on the air and then hear the announcers... and think... shit, these dudes are on soulstrut!

haha.

Have you ever caught that "Bar-B-Q Blues" show out of Little Rock??

One of the best I've heard.....and after midnight on the local public access station on Saturday night there is a CRAZY ass show on in LR that plays everything from Cambodian Garage/Punk to The Singing Psychic.......that town has better radio than Dallas!!

• cool show.

haha.

thanks! you always wonder when you're in the booth if anyone out there is actually listening.. Also, on an unrelated note, I wish you had won that Dan Greer I recently had up for auction that you bid on, the guy who won it is being a major pain in the ass...