WHAT effects DO YOU rock in the set?

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
What do you rock?

At the moment I have a Korg Kaoss pad II, and I'm always busting loose with the space echo effect.

I ideally want to get myself a Roland Space Echo (or any other tape echo with a vari-speed option) for that real echo sound. (Anyone know of any other makes with speed adjustment?)

Comments

• awallawall 673 Posts
    you should throw down for an echoplex.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    you should throw down for an echoplex.

haha, that is ill, if i brought that to a gig, the promoter would shit without a doubt... definately

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Kool. Are they as experimental as the space echoes, with the infinite echo and speed adjustment kind of options?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i've got one of those shit numarks with the built in kaos. thing was cheaper than just the kaos so i went for it.

honestly i dont do much with it.. only one of the delays is truely any good.. the sampler is beyond useless and most of the modulation effects sound like total arse.

there's a couple decent filters though that are a fun alternative to kill switches.. so those are about all i ever use in the thing.

i want a line 6 dealy pedal... those are the sickness...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I ideally want to get myself a Roland Space Echo (or any other tape echo with a vari-speed option) for that real echo sound. (Anyone know of any other makes with speed adjustment?)

If you want a less expensive, portable analog delay, you can use the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man:

You can adjust time, delay, as well as chorus-vibrato. It's analog, so the sound degenerates into mass noise when feedback=infinity. A niceity not accessible to those dinky little digital "toys".

Electro-Harmonix used extensively on this mix, for reference.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Just heard that 'pure uncut anger anger anger' part of the mix.

Whoa, that memory man has a nice sound.

Think I might have to invest in one of those.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Pioneer 909 with built in efx

I use echo, pan echo, pitch echo, delay, reverse delay, flange, reverb, fader filter and fader roll more than anything else.

• Mostly smoke machines, laser pointers and tesla coils. Sometimes explosives.