Selling overseas on Ebay

LittlescottyLittlescotty 7 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I sold this record to this guy in Italy amonth ago and sent it out. He is now claiming that he never received it. Of course he can now go to Paypal and get a full refund. Is there anything I can do in the future to avoid this short of charging global express shipping? Global express is more expensive but it requires a signature.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    charge global express shipping

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Ship everything overseas using registered mail, UPS, or FEDEX with tracking. When the dispute is started on PalPal that is the only thing that they'll ask for. If you don't have it you are pretty much screwed. Happened to me last month.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Shipping to Italy seems worse than ever right now. I heard that there were Postal strikes going on there, does anyone know if they are still going on?

• Yeah, I sent I record to Italy and after two months dude tried to charge back, but since it was 2 months after the auction PayPal said

After 3 months dude gave me feedback saying that he just recieved the record...Italy seems to be the only place were crazy shit happens

• Yeah, I sent I record to Italy and after two months dude tried to charge back, but since it was 2 months after the auction PayPal said

After 3 months dude gave me feedback saying that he just recieved the record...Italy seems to be the only place were crazy shit happens

Ohh hell no !! FRANCE is even more fucked up!! Several packages have gone missing in that country. I hate sending shit to FRANCE.

Ohh hell no !! FRANCE is even more fucked up!! Several packages have gone missing in that country. I hate sending shit to FRANCE.

Someone mentioned here once that French mail workers are underpaid and as a result steal a lot of their mail. I've only ever shipped 1 thing to France and it disappeared.

• I was talking with a French record dealer one time & he was telling me how shipping to Italy from France is no better. Alot of stuff gets lost, damaged or stolen in both countries. Shit, I have another record to mail to Italy today!!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Hmmm...I've done a ton of business with France over the past few years and still haven't had any major shipping problems (knock on wood), just the occasional annoying-but-harmless customer.

• Ohh hell no !! FRANCE is even more fucked up!! Several packages have gone missing in that country. I hate sending shit to FRANCE.

Hmmm...I've done a ton of business with France over the past few years and still haven't had any major shipping problems (knock on wood), just the occasional annoying-but-harmless customer.

me neither. i've been selling on cd and lp to mostly french customers for about 6 months now and had no problems (knock on wood)...i've only had one package ever get lost in 10 years of mail order selling and that was to denmark.

• I spoke to soon, I just recieved a $200 dispute from a dude in France. I sent him the record back on Nov. 30th.

This is very discouraging. How the hell can a man earn an homest buck with stupid shit like this going on?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Unfortunately, you'll have to start charging more for shipping which drives the bottom line up for buyers but there is no other way to protect yourself.

• Yeah, registered mail for anything over $50, I guess...