Waxing Deep LIVE! Serious jazz and Cuban heat...

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Well almost...We're go live at 3PM EST, starting with an INSANE mix from the UK's Adrian Leach. Without question, this will be one of the best mixes I've aired and considering the folks who've contributed to past Waxing Deeps, that's saying a lot.Hour 2 will be all about Cuban heat. I've got so much insanity to share it should be illegal. ILLEGAL! Time permitting, I'll also play some nifty Canadiana for all the trainspotters.So send me an email, call me in the studio, or come down to the station--it's all good. www.ckut.ca for the streamwww.waxingdeep.org for the archive514-398-4616 direct to the studio3416 University for the station

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I never have much luck with live stream on the CKUT server - times out or gives 404 errors ... waiting for the archive, make it snappy!

Also, when you gonna have more of that insane DJ Sport Casual ish??

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    We're on!

More Sport Casual ish? I'm not sure--I got a lot of complaints about the content of that show; I guess my listeners don't like hipsters.

Kidding, kidding. Send more, man!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Danno: Ruby?

h

Not tonight, I'm afraid. I was there last night after the gym for some late night dosas. Word of advice: don't order the 'rose water sherbet'--it's no good.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Not tonight, I'm afraid. I was there last night after the gym for some late night dosas. Word of advice: don't order the 'rose water sherbet'--it's no good.

I hope it was good...they've missed the mark with me the last couple times. I don't think I've seen the rosewater sherbert on the menu. Whatever happened to the rice pudding with lysol?

h

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yo am I hearing the mix right now or is this still the japanese people hour? saying

all this jazz got me going crazy

I am moving to Canada tomorrow, sike. Well, in my dreams at least.

I hope it was good...they've missed the mark with me the last couple times. I don't think I've seen the rosewater sherbert on the menu. Whatever happened to the rice pudding with lysol?

Haz: the dosas were brilliant and at 4.50 they might as well be little miracles

mylatency: dude, it's the KOREAN hour--PULEEZ!

move to Canada; we'll chill

mylatency: dude, it's the KOREAN hour--PULEEZ!

move to Canada; we'll chill

saying, you have the most international college radio programming on earth
    canadians playing latin jazz, koreans playing japanese hip hop
    saying

I'm moving to Canada tomorrow and I'm loading up my civic with bad braeks only rackords and my computer. I hope the borde mounties don't think I'm a thief. It's going to be chilly willy in winnepeg with solar powered poptarts cooking in an igloo and sasquatches jamming out to texas rap. Plaese to send over some french canadian cuties and I'll bring the grey goose. IT'S GOING DOWN, NO AYYO.

THIS IS THE GREATEST TRACK EVER!

take me to chiapas...

• C'EST JAZZ?? LES AMIS!

DAN: WATCH THE PHONE, I'M CALLING IN A SEC

THIS IS THE GREATEST TRACK EVER!

take me to chiapas...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    tuned in and drinking it all up, but only for a few more minutes. When you have the archive up, plaese to post a link? Thanks

Everything gets archived here: www.waxingdeep.org

• I'm back now:

Dan, this music is sooo ethnic ! Where's Don Blackman & Cameo ???

Nah, just kidding, great cuban set right thurr. I'm listening until the end.

Mtl indian food lovers (HAZ, Danno & others): You gotta try this spot:

(read 5011 Blvd des Sources / Pierrefonds / QC)

Pierrefonds? Oi vey.

• Si Si Danno3000

West Side !

Heading down to Cuba...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    We're on!

More Sport Casual ish? I'm not sure--I got a lot of complaints about the content of that show; I guess my listeners don't like hipsters.

Kidding, kidding. Send more, man!

Hey I just live there and make the place look cool.... why you think it's a hotspot? pfffffrtttt. To quote AI : Williamsburg is mad isolated (read: so over, like Tribeca with better parking)

But the Real stream still ain't happening.

MORE "CLASSIC" EXCLAMATIONS, PLAESE

I JUST FINISHED MY SANDWICH AND THIS IS THE JAM

TIME TO DANCE!

• 4:38PM: Soul Makossa meets Cuba?

Lovely!

Heading down to Cuba...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

FYI: Waxing deep is dope.

The dosas were good today, too.

h

• As usual.

FYI: Waxing deep is dope.

As usual.

FYI: Waxing deep is SO FREAKIN DOOPE!!!!

• At Bombay Choupati?

This seems to be the spot...

The dosas were good today, too.

h