So Phil, you ever find that Main Source sample?

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I remember you asking about it a few times over the years. Wht happened?It was this right?

Comments

• nope, never found it. haven't been looking for it either, but if anyone has the info i wouldn't mind knowing it

• I haven't been looking for samples either lately, but for whatever reason I've been thinking about this a lot.

Anyone recognize the voice?

• This one has bugged me since I first heard it. Sometimes it sounds like he's saying "wave goodbye" but then I listen to it more and it sounds like everything but that.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    always sounded like "cmon baby and la la la" to me...

• i thought it was "always on my mind"

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sample question no. 2: What's the sample that used for Deep Cover (the bassline)?

• Sample question no. 2: What's the sample that used for Deep Cover (the bassline)?

it's been said by dre and his bass player.. forget his name, that he was playing bass messing around and dre heard it and told him to record it. I've read this from about four people in seperate interviews while talking about the making of the song. So i guess it's not a sample.

• Sample question no. 2: What's the sample that used for Deep Cover (the bassline)?

it's been said by dre and his bass player.. forget his name, that he was playing bass messing around and dre heard it and told him to record it. I've read this from about four people in seperate interviews while talking about the making of the song. So i guess it's not a sample.

this is another one that comes up every now and again... Dre and whoever else is full of ... it's a sample from a jazz record. i have it on a tape from the 90s, they played the OG on- you guessed it- the Underground Railroad radio show. I think somebody once told me what it was, but I don't remember.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Sample question no. 2: What's the sample that used for Deep Cover (the bassline)?

this is another one that comes up every now and again... Dre and whoever else is full of ... it's a sample from a jazz record. i have it on a tape from the 90s, they played the OG on- you guessed it- the Underground Railroad radio show. I think somebody once told me what it was, but I don't remember.

I have that tape as well! Always tried to figure it out. No luck though. Yes it's a jazz record in the middle of one of those crazy bass solos. Phil you actually took me up there once (to that radio show) if you remember?

• always sounded like "cmon baby and la la la" to me...

I clearly here "cmon baby nah nah nah-nowwwww"

• always sounded like "cmon baby and la la la" to me...

For me, I guess I hear "wave goodbye" because of the theme of the song. You know, lookin' at the front door, wave goodbye, nah nah nah nah.

No idea.

I have that tape as well! Always tried to figure it out. No luck though. Yes it's a jazz record in the middle of one of those crazy bass solos. Phill[/b] you actually took me up there once (to that radio show) if you remember?

oh yeah, i remember that. you and the grass roots dudes. i was supposed to get a copy of that show we were on, i think i just forgot about it.