A Portrait Of Linda Jones (Turbo 7004)

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone explain what the deal is with this record again? Made up of previously released tracks or different versions? I remember reading a while back that the versions were different but I don't have her other LPs handy to compare.kthxbai

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What's the track list on that?

Semi-related, but has anybody listened to this?

Don't let the title put you off -- because the record's a great one, and a rare live recording by deep soul singer Linda Jones -- recorded during her classic years at Turbo Records, but appearing here for the first time! The format here is looser, and the recording quality is rougher than most early 70s live soul records -- but that's also part of the charm of the set, because it captures Jones with a sound that's deeper than even her studio sides of the time! Backings are by JC Davis & His Band[/b], but the main focus of the recording is on the vocals -- so that the instrumentation is slightly muted on most numbers. But Linda comes through loud and clear, on tracks that include "For Your Precious Love", "I Found A Love", "That's When I'll Stop Loving You", and "You're So Fine". Note too that the CD is a short one -- only 27 minutes in length -- but it's priced to reflect that fact!

• Damn, that cover!

• Damn, that cover!

I know huh? "feel the soul" Woah.

• This is highly recommended. Major vibes.