The difference between Electric Mud LP (Black.....

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
What's the difference between the Electric Mud LP with the Black cover and the one with the White cover?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    What's the difference between the Electric Mud LP with the Black cover and the one with the White cover?

the black is the first press i believe. the track listing are identical.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Does the black one come with the super awesome fold out picture?

I seem to remember a discussion here a long time ago about all the differences. I have the white one.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

but doesnt one have a color photo in the gatefold, where as the other has a black and white?? I could be wrong, but I rememeber seeing two copies side by side once.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

but doesnt one have a color photo in the gatefold, where as the other has a black and white?? I could be wrong, but I rememeber seeing two copies side by side once.

Here's the three versions I've seen:
    - black cover w/gatefold
    - white cover w/gatefold
    - white cover with NO gatefold (this is the 70's reissue from when Chess was distributed by All Platinum)

I should add that:
    - the pic of Muddy in the gatefold was always B&W, from what I can tell
    - you know that photo on the back cover of that golden cobra statuette? on the All Platinum version, that pic is in B&W; all others are color

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    thanks y'all.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    thanks y'all.

knowledge dropped!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

- black cover w/gatefold
    - white cover w/gatefold
    - white cover with NO gatefold (this is the 70's reissue from when Chess was distributed by All Platinum)

I should add that:
    - the pic of Muddy in the gatefold was always B&W, from what I can tell
    - you know that photo on the back cover of that golden cobra statuette? on the All Platinum version, that pic is in B&W; all others are color

So black is for sure first? I've always wondered.

Dan

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    - black cover w/gatefold
    - white cover w/gatefold

I wasn't naming them in order, so I don't know which came first.

Personally, I was thinking they released 'em simultaneously - ala the Police's Synchronicity or the Rolling Stones'Some Girls, both of which had several different color schemes for the covers released all at once.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    - black cover w/gatefold
    - white cover w/gatefold

Personally, I was thinking they released 'em simultaneously - ala the Police's Synchronicity or the Rolling Stones'Some Girls, both of which had several different color schemes for the covers released all at once.
    The plot thickens!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    - black cover w/gatefold
    - white cover w/gatefold

That's what I thought.