My new hip-hop mix

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
A just made a mix of many of my favorite hip-hop tracks. Check it out.http://www.divshare.com/download/3169043-0adCount Bass D ??? Jussa PlayaPseudo Slang ??? PslangThe Roots ??? Silent TreatmentPharoahe Monch ??? My LifeDe La Soul ??? Trying PeopleLauryn Hill ??? Can???t Take My Eyes Off Of YouJay Dee ??? LL (Hold It Down Re-Edit)J-Live ??? Brooklyn PublicA Tribe Called Quest ??? 1nce AgainBuckshot LeFonque ??? Music Evolution (DJ Premier Remix)Diverse ??? BlindmanTupac ??? Do For Love (Spacek Remix)Slum Village ??? Climax (Kid Sublime Remix)Typical Cats ??? Thin Red Line

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

DLing, looks good.

• The divshare link wasn't working right for a while there. Here's an alternate link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dn7xln

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Nice stuff... my only crit would've been that the Roots track seems like quite a long jam for so early in the mix (maybe I have ADD), and I usually like the Roots.

Buckshot LeFonque ??? Music Evolution (DJ Premier Remix)

This is cool, heard it on a few mixes > how new/old is it? Sounds like vintage Premier along with a passable impression of Grand Puba

Slum Village ??? Climax (Kid Sublime Remix)

Did this get a vynil release? One of my fav tracks of the mix.

• I downloaded this a couple of days ago and just wanted to say thanks.

Really liked almost every track that I hadn't heard before on this, especially that Buckshot Lefonque and that De La

• Buckshot LeFonque ??? Music Evolution (DJ Premier Remix)

This is cool, heard it on a few mixes > how new/old is it? Sounds like vintage Premier along with a passable impression of Grand Puba

Old, came out on the second Buckshot LeFonque album. There is a 12" out there. shouldn't be hard to find.

• Nice stuff... my only crit would've been that the Roots track seems like quite a long jam for so early in the mix (maybe I have ADD), and I usually like the Roots.

Yeah, I hear you. Most of the songs are played out for their entirety. I don't usually do that when i'm playing live, but like i said before- these are some of my favorite tracks and I didn't really feel like cutting any of them short. That's definitely the case with the Silent Treatment. While it is something like 6 min long, I love each verse and had issues cutting it short. I made this mix for my friends, and most of them aren't used to hearing dj's mix out of songs after a verse or two so I wasn't too worried about it.

Buckshot LeFonque ??? Music Evolution (DJ Premier Remix)

This came out in 1996. Let me know if you want mp3's of the vocal and instrumental- I've already got them ripped.

Slum Village ??? Climax (Kid Sublime Remix)

Did this get a vinyl release? One of my fav tracks of the mix.

Yes. Unfortunately the timing on the intro beats is messed up on the vinyl I have. I ripped the vinyl and took the outro beats and put them in the beginning so it's mixable.

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts
    Thanks for this mix.
    I played it a few times during the last days ... always with the same pleasure.

If you ever want your mixes to played in my radio show / website (www.laid-back.be) do not hesitate to contact me.

Keep up the good work,