Record bag/case opinions needed

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
What's good for traveling with 50-75 records? I've been looking at some of the UDG bags, as well as flight cases. I don't plan on doing any traveling by plane, but do I like the ingenuity of the slanted lid design on some of the flgiht cases. However, I also like the benefit of pockets on the UDG bags.What do you have, and what do you recommend?

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I'll ride for UDG bags all day every day. I have three of them, although since I stopped DJ'ing I only use my laptop UDG bag with any regularity. My other two are 100 count big boys that I have kicked the shit out of throughout the years. The only issue I had with both is that the clips on the shoulder straps eventually broke on me, but this was due to three or four years of consistent over-the-shoulder abuse. They're resilient, well-made, and I like the big pockets. I haven't shopped for them in a minute, so I don't know what kind of new sizes they have nowadays, but I'm sure that they got some hot 75 count ones.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I got a real basic Shure bag, but would reccommend something more rigid with more padding. I've never owned a UDG bag, but they seem to be the next step up. I think I'll end up getting a hard case with some foam padding inside just for peace of mind though.

• I highly recommend the UDG roller bag. It hold about 50 (maybe more if you squeeze em in), and is really sturdy as well as saves your back. It's also designed to fit in overhead compartments on planes if you need it too.

• I've got a Addict Record Pak. It's over priced and almost all the zipper pulls have broken within the few months I've had it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I still like this, a lot.

http://www.planetdj.com/i--KLP070DLX