POSTAGE FOR MAILING RECORDS can u update me plaese

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm finna get back into some Ebay schitt for the two-double-oh-ocho after a long hiatus... just realized I don't know jack about the new shipping rates that hit in 2007. I saved some info on my computer but I'm seeing $25 to ship one lp from US to UK (postage and handling including)... does that sound at all right??? If anybody has a little postage chart for shipping records with domestic and international rates from the US that they use (or if you can hook me up with a link to a previous poast that details all of this) i would shure appeciate it

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Unsure if you charge for the box or not, but I don't really charge for box. I charge:
    $4 media (this includes delivery confirm.)
    $13 international (this is 1st class air international, the basic shipping service)
    $7 Canada
    $8 priority

Peace
    T.N.

• Unsure if you charge for the box or not, but I don't really charge for box. I charge:
    $4 media (this includes delivery confirm.)
    $13 international (this is 1st class air international, the basic shipping service)
    $7 Canada
    $8 priority

Peace
    T.N.

of COURSE i charge for the box!!! sheeeeeeeit... I'M not paying for that schitt! mailers and filler pads get expensive, son
    those prices seem like the old prices to me, you sure you don't get gaffled charging those amounts? and you charge the same from US to UK as you charge US to Japan or Australia? thanks for the input

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    NOGAFFLE
    There is a charge for the box in those, but it isn't a full charge. Japan and Australia are generally the same in my experience as Europe. The only place that is a curveball is Austria and South America. I'd say add $1 on you and yours for safekeeping and you should be straight (except priority, that one should be on target).
    Peace
    T.N.

• NOT INCLUDING BOX, 1 LP

Media $2.50
    Priority (west) $7.50
    Priority (east) $5-6.00
    International (Europe) $12
    International (Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand) $11.55
    Canada $6-8
    Central/South America depends

Europe went up, Japan/OZ/NZ stayed the same, priority went up the further the destination from you.

Here's what I charge for one LP -

Media $3.50
    Priority $7.50
    Int'l $13
    Canada $8

• Jonny, you use the priority boxes to mail lps?

• Hell no! Official shit. 2 pads and a poly bag.

• Only thing I would add is have internationals pay at least $3 per extra LP if they're buying multiple records. I was charging $2 per and steady losing money on that.

• Yeah - that's true. It can be like $18 for two records to Europe!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    And no more surface mail. I'm kinda feeling bad for these dudes who now have to pay $50 shipping on half a dozen lp's.

• And no more surface mail. I'm kinda feeling bad for these dudes who now have to pay $50 shipping on half a dozen lp's.

just try and remember that the dollar is in the shitter and it should get you thru those trying times...

Yeah, I know euro dudes are still coming out on top compared to what they probably have to pay around town for random CTI titles.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Only thing I would add is have internationals pay at least $3 per extra LP if they're buying multiple records. I was charging $2 per and steady losing money on that.

I still haven't gotten a handle on the magic number of records (and to which countries) where even $3 per extra LP won't even cover it. It's something like five or six records. I usually end up just breaking even (not including packaging) or losing a few cents, which I have been writing off thus far, but it irks me.

Only thing I would add is have internationals pay at least $3 per extra LP if they're buying multiple records. I was charging $2 per and steady losing money on that.

I still haven't gotten a handle on the magic number of records (and to which countries) where even $3 per extra LP won't even cover it. It's something like five or six records. I usually end up just breaking even (not including packaging) or losing a few cents, which I have been writing off thus far, but it irks me.

Just get a scale.

• i don't believe in EVER having to come out of my own pocket to pay for shipping OR handling. i'd much rather overcharge the customers for these things

• I'm not coming out the pocket, personally - mailers about 35 cents, pads about a quarter a piece, bags about 20 cents, I add at least $1 to each package so Japan $11.55 = $1.45 for postage, Europe $1, US usually $1-1.50 etc etc etc trust me it works out. Only thing is I try to keep the costs low for the customers, you could jack them if you want but it leaves certain cats a bit tight at the end of the transaction.