Snoop wants to cover a Johnny Cash song..

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Snoop Dogg has claimed that he is planning to record a cover of a Johnny Cash song on his new album.The rapper has described Cash as sounding "gangster" and revealed he is just looking for the right track to re-work.He is quoted as saying: "I'm still trying to find a Johnny Cash [song] I can have fun with. To me, Johnny Cash is a rapper. His s**t was dope, a lot of rappers don't know that."Cash's song 'A Boy Named Sue' sounds gangster."Dogg releases the single 'Sensual Seduction' in the new year, which will be followed by his ninth studio album Ego Trippin' in March.

Comments

• Folsom Prizzle Blue-zizzle....

• Well this announcement certainly calls for a :rickrubineyeroll: graemlin.

• This is big news! The press conference is about to start on CNN.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Its about time.

Cash has always been the fallback guy when "justifying" gangster rap anyways.

"Johnny Cash sang about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die... thats the same shit we do!"

But snoops voice might be more well suited for a Willie Nelson song or something.

I remember reading some interview a long time ago with Pharoh Monch and they asked him if he could work with any artist, who would it be. His answer was Eddie Vedder. And he was dead serious.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    he can do whatever he wants.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Since he's clearly past the point of actually making good records, this will be a whole lot more entertaining and fun, and will probably make him a whole lot more money.

• COUNTRY/WESTERN VALIDATED!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Is this considered "URBAN COUNTRY"? And I think I saw that video once......the casting had some good choices

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    he can do whatever he wants.