Rap: The Musical

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
apologies if this has been posted already...

Comments

• DEAL... OR NO DEAL[/b]

• I miss Mr. Show.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I miss Mr. Show.

yeah. supposedly Bob and David went back to HBO a few years back (after they'd sold a few truckloads of Mr. Show DVDs) and asked to bring the show back, and HBO said no. Anyone know the story there?

• I wanted to be the Gold Tooth for Halloween.

• "Contains NO RAP MUSIC!"

Seriously, I know several people who would consider seeing that show

Rappin'[/b] was full of bologna with cheese.

• I miss Mr. Show.

yeah. supposedly Bob and David went back to HBO a few years back (after they'd sold a few truckloads of Mr. Show DVDs) and asked to bring the show back, and HBO said no. Anyone know the story there?

That seems kind of hard to imagine. I would think Mr. Show would do better numbers now since they already have a pretty loyal following from before and Bob and David are both a lot more known/popular w/ people (that have never even heard of Mr. Show) than they were back in the 90's.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I miss Mr. Show.

That seems kind of hard to imagine. I would think Mr. Show would do better numbers now since they already have a pretty loyal following from before and Bob and David are both a lot more known/popular w/ people (that have never even heard of Mr. Show) than they were back in the 90's.

I'm saying. But I remember someone (Cross?) describing a meeting w/ an HBO exec who, sometime in the last few yrs, didn't know what Mr. Show was or how many damn DVDs it'd sold for them.