record spot RIP

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
and more imprtantly and sadly...record spot owner, RIP.http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/20071217_Arrests_made_in_two_store_killings.htmli used to buy records from Tony and shoot the shit and talk about politics. Last I checked, his son is in service in Iraq. and you got some fucked up little teenager with a gun running around terrorizing honest dudes who run sidewalk sales. man, fuck this shit.rest in peace tony

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    and more imprtantly and sadly...record spot owner, RIP.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/20071217_Arrests_made_in_two_store_killings.html

i used to buy records from Tony and shoot the shit and talk about politics. Last I checked, his son is in service in Iraq. and you got some fucked up little teenager with a gun running around terrorizing honest dudes who run sidewalk sales. man, fuck this shit.

rest in peace tony

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    God damn. R.I.P.

what is going on with philly right now? Why is it so out of hand?

• yeah, i dont fuckin know. a lot of teens going crazy. killing each other, killing cops, killing random people. i dont know if its more or less than before, but you here about new shit every day

• Sorry to hear that. It's a shame.

I've been bugging lately on the level of violence in my city, youth killing youth, yet where I live in Hollywood, nobody seems to care. I've been bringing it up and getting a whole bunch of deer in the headlights looks. We need to pay attention and try to fix this shit. I'm saying this as someone who's familiar with it.

• whats to be done?
    im really not even sure whats realistically possible

• because we are in a recession that no one will accept. Economy is in the shitter.

Times is tough and only getting tougher.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    and more imprtantly and sadly...record spot owner, RIP.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/20071217_Arrests_made_in_two_store_killings.html

i used to buy records from Tony and shoot the shit and talk about politics. Last I checked, his son is in service in Iraq. and you got some fucked up little teenager with a gun running around terrorizing honest dudes who run sidewalk sales. man, fuck this shit.

rest in peace tony

Shit. I don't think this is the same Tony I'm thinking of who frequents BWS and was at WFMU, but the sad news continues to flood this city and something has to be done about it.

• drew,not tony press.
    this wasnt a record guy, per se. he was an older guy who had a sidewalk sale/flea market in front of his house for years and years. he had records amid all kinds of other stuff. salt of the earth guy

• and more imprtantly and sadly...record spot owner, RIP.

rest in peace tony

Shit. I don't think this is the same Tony I'm thinking of who frequents BWS and was at WFMU, but the sad news continues to flood this city and something has to be done about it.

Shit has really gotten bad the past few years. RIP to Tony and all those folks taken by this kind of bullshit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    hey tony,

i knew tony too. i knew that spot off elmwood in sw. hell, that was my turf for a bit--and everyone knew him--he talked about his vietnam days. i found goods there as did you (i seriously think you know just about every spot in philly)
    that seriously sucks. i'm real sad to hear about that.

• guns kill community

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    definitely. he told me that he had a gun--and didn't like that he had one--but felt as though it was needed.
    he also had a bat or something not too far from him. i don't know how the struggle happened or all of that--but i agree- this is just nonsense.