I've been wanting this track ID for years...

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I distinctly remember this track from the 5th grade or earlier. And older kid had it on a cassette and I heard it in his garage once. For some reason it stuck with me, and I recalled it years later, but could never find out what it was. It has the voice part that starts at 0:27 and ends around 0:33. (Of course, you will have cut-paste the real store name into the URL below.)http://www.labcabin.com/assets/audio/10896/125540.ramThis will solve a long-running mystery for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Are you talking about the "bo-bo-bo-bob-bob" voice from "Beat Box" by Art Of Noise? Hard to tell with all the megamix bizness going on in that Labcabin clip.

Listen for yourself:

Art Of Noise - "Beat Box"

The voice part comes in at around 1:15 and again at 2:23.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'll be damned. Good looks. For some reason I remember that voice part being the basis of the song (and at the beginning), but then again it was over 20 years ago. That's definitely it, though. Maybe I heard a remix back in the day?

• Are you talking about the "bo-bo-bo-bob-bob" voice from "Beat Box" by Art Of Noise? Hard to tell with all the megamix bizness going on in that Labcabin clip.

Listen for yourself:

Art Of Noise - "Beat Box"

The voice part comes in at around 1:15 and again at 2:23.

If we are to get real technical about the "bo bo bo" and the "doh, doh doh duuuuuh", those were originally recorded by the Art Of Noise production team for Malcolm McLaren's Duck Rock[/b] album. I don't think the actual singer was credited, elements can be heard in "Soweto":