j-Live 'The Hear After'

butanejamesbutanejames 29 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hi,I'm working on a review of this album - anyone heard it? I thought it sounded a little flat at first, though a few of the songs are starting to grow on me, and I like the track with Kola Rock.speak upon it...J

Comments

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    after a brief listen, one thought comes to mind. j-live needs to can the self-producing shit. his hot beats come maybe one in a dozen. he will never lace a track of his own that could match bragging writes. hes putting his lyrics to waste (though i am growing tired of his whole act by now anyways) with all the trash beats. seems past his prime w/o a decent producer

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    after a brief listen, one thought comes to mind. j-live needs to can the self-producing shit. his hot beats come maybe one in a dozen. he will never lace a track of his own that could match bragging writes. hes putting his lyrics to waste (though i am growing tired of his whole act by now anyways) with all the trash beats. seems past his prime w/o a decent producer

this was classic.

and the self-production on this was so sleepy I completely lost interest in j-live.

• I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. Listening to the album, I was thinking, 'am I missing something, or are the beats really substandard?'

No doubt he's got lyrics for days, but I'd much rather hear working with an interesting producer. (Eminem's in the same position )

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    this is sad news.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts