deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central

what makes u cringe?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ur postz

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I tried to watch that show once, turned it off after 2 minutes.

Hawt garbage.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ur postz
    my posts > ur kanye fanclub

lol oops confused u w/ bsides

sorry return to hollerposting

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Most television.
    Needles.
    Feedback.
    Most indie-rock.
    Horns hitting a sour note.
    50 Cent.
    Kanye.
    Freestyle MCs that can't cut it.

• women with any degree of facial hair

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I ride for the short blonde one.- but yes major cringe!!

• Don't want to play up my extreme whiteness here - but whilst it IS cringe worthy (although I think that is kind of the point) I find this really funny.

TOO many times to count I have been lectured about this or that music (and more specifically hip hop or jazz) related, and alot of the time I know they are way off and are just trying to prove their connectedness. So I just smile and nod and let them go on lecturing about rubbish.

I overheard some really funny misinformation about jazz whilst using the con's recording studios, it was almost daily. Wish I had written down some of the funnier ones.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• I like that show...best slapstick since the OG Chevy Chase SNL stuff..I like slapstick

• This show makes me puke...The only decent part about it is the dude that's one of the Bob's on Office Space.

• it's not white girls in real life that think they know about rapp that make me cringe (that's whatever).

what makes me cringe is conspicuously white/old people in shows/movies/commercials doing the rap thing for laughs (a theme of which this clip is an example but the best example of which is the old white woman doing sugar hill in the wedding singer or the Asian dude getting caught doing gangster rap in the bathroom mirror in that one stupid commercial).

seriously WHO THINKS THIS TYPE OF ISHT IS FUNNY 2007?!??! I cram to understand.

• come on now, why get so bent out of shape because some white people occasionaly poke fun at and use rap in this way? No form of music is beyond this type of treatment...it isnt sacred.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    come on now, why get so bent out of shape because some white people occasionaly poke fun at and use rap in this way? No form of music is beyond this type of treatment...it isnt sacred.

True, but we're not getting bent of shape because of some violation of sacred rap-ness, but because the shit is patently unfunny.

That said, I'm not all that mad at Scrubs. When they try to get all serious and shit, it's bogus, but I like some of the quips between Zach Braff and the other dude. Donald Faison? And like someone said above, dude from Office Space always kills it. I really should know his name.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Yeah, this kind of stuff was funny in Airplane! the first time around. Now it has become one of the most cliched and played out gags in the past couple of decades. And as someone above said, seeing this "silly little Asian man rapping and saying goofy things" on 21st century television and in current "comedy" movies is absolutely nauseating.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah, this kind of stuff was funny in Airplane! the first time around. Now it has become one of the most cliched and played out gags in the past couple of decades. And as someone above said, seeing this "silly little Asian man rapping and saying goofy things" on 21st century television and in current "comedy" movies is absolutely nauseating.

Caucasoids' parody of African American Culture will never cease to exist.

• what makes me cringe is conspicuously white/old people in shows/movies/commercials doing the rap thing for laughs (a theme of which this clip is an example but the best example of which is the old white woman doing sugar hill in the wedding singer or the Asian dude getting caught doing gangster rap in the bathroom mirror in that one stupid commercial).

seriously WHO THINKS THIS TYPE OF ISHT IS FUNNY 2007?!??! I cram to understand.
    what about the white dude in Office Space gangster rapping in his car and rolls up the window when he gets to the black homeless guy? that shit was hilarious to me! funny cause its true?

but isn't rap music, street culture/music funny to everyone?

personally, this same thing makes me cringe. i've only found people mimicking hip hop culture to be completely offensive (for no good reason). this is why i could never accept beck and his stupid, lame attempts at popping and his "2 turntables and a microphone where its at" bullshit.

same with the drunken idiot that comes up to the dj and does the scratch hands.

centepedes make me cringe.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    but isn't rap music, street culture/music funny to everyone?

who's everyone?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    what makes me cringe? anybody who likes Scrubs or tries to defend it. the show Frickin' blows. none of the humor is original, pretty much every gag on that show is so cliche'd it hurts.

• but isn't rap music, street culture/music funny to everyone?

who's everyone?

hmmm... good point. in this case everyone = the uninformed white masses.

• whats funny is folks being tho thenthtive about rap and so angry about a show no one forces you to watch...Im laughing over here

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

what about the white dude in Office Space gangster rapping in his car and rolls up the window when he gets to the black homeless guy? that shit was hilarious to me! funny cause its true?

Good question. I think that scene (which I think is awesome, by the way) isn't so much poking fun at rap like "Look, the nerdy white guy is rapping, isn't that funny?" as much as it is finding the humor in him getting all gangster in his car like he's totally down with "black culture," but when an actual black guy comes near he's shook as fuck. It's more of a socio-cultural (is that a real term? paging Odub) comment than a cheap "look at the white guy/girl rapping" gag.