Fave LIVE8 sets.

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Doesn't matter how many or which gigs you watched, just post em up.

1 being the mostest.

1. Pink Floyd (London)
2. Faithless (Berlin)
3. Coldplay (London)
4. Annie Lennox (London)
5. Kaiser Chiefs (Philly)

Or if you have anything to say about any of the sets.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I didn't see the whole thing, unfortunately, but I did like what I was able to see from The Who, bits and pieces of Linkin Park (w and w/o Jay-Z).

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Mike Bloomberg got in this photo op as well? Damn. But really, Live8 has shithead written all over it.

How was it for y'alls?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I think I heard Black Eyed Peas featuring Rita and Stephen Marley doing a Bob song. It was on the radio. And the DJ didn't even mention the Marleys. It was like "that was the Black Eyed Peas..." Excuse me? I mean, why did the Marleys even get put on with BEP anyway? Because two of the BEP guys have dreads? That's about all I can see in common between those people.

• Orchestra Baobab

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I think I heard Black Eyed Peas featuring Rita and Stephen Marley doing a Bob song. It was on the radio. And the DJ didn't even mention the Marleys. It was like "that was the Black Eyed Peas..." Excuse me? I mean, why did the Marleys even get put on with BEP anyway? Because two of the BEP guys have dreads? That's about all I can see in common between those people.

In the paper they mentioned that the African concert, which was added as an afterthought, and wasn't relayed or webcasted, had the dopest music. I find that easy to believe considering all the stonewashed shirts and teased mullets at the other shows. Shame.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Orchestra Baobab

I wanted to see much more of their set.

Who performed in Japan?

• BlowFlyBlowFly 89 Posts
    I was in London.
    I liked Pink Floyd the best.
    The Who were good too....
    And dare I say it - Robbie Williams (got the crowd well churned up).

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    anyone see Bjork's set? I couldnt catch it...wondering if she did any of the accapella steez...would have liked to see that.