Studio Furniture

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
i am in the process of a move and i cant bring my current desk/workstation. it is one of those Staples corner wrapping desks.i am looking on Ikea and Staples sites and i cant seem to find anything without drawers and cabinets and all that bullshit.and they discontinued the one i am using.i need something smaller though but with enough room for a turntable, mixer, monitors(studio and computer), MPC and a few other small things. anyone know where i should look? this isnt the standard Expedit need so i figure it warrants a thread...

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    better yet

if some of you can post pics of your setup thatd help

and maybe drop some knowledge as to where u got the desk or if you built it or what

thanks

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Sorry, I don't have a camera nearby but I've got a desk from Ikea that I bought used that's kind of like a drafting table, and you can adjust the height of the desk surface as well as a shelf above the desk. It's very similar to this:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/fur/487177150.html

I only use it for my MPC, laptop and external hard drive though. My tables are on another table perpendicular to my desk, and my monitors have stands. If you've got small monitors you could probably put them on that shelf up at the top pretty easily.

The best part is that if you get a tall chair, you can set the desk at such a height so that you can access everything standing up.