To Sell Raers or To Not Sell

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
What do you guys think about selling your records? What price makes them rare. I got some 45's that are around 60-70 if my guess is right. I have been wanting to sell them to get some new turntables. I already have the mp3's on my computer but I have been thinking what if one day I need or want to use them for an occasion where they would fit perfect. What should I do?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sell unless you have a true attachment to them

and especially if you need the funds (but only if you can part with them)

you will not be able to take them with you to the grave

spread love, no ayo....others will enjoy them, too

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Do it. Keeps raers in circulation and make that money. No point in having records with a busted turntable anyway.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    sell unless you have a true attachment to them

Yup. Huge cosign.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Aren't you the dude who stole records from the thrift store? You could sell that shit for seventy bucks then and it'd be all profit. SICK SCORE

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    No that is not me but .

Yo MyLatency. Do you like the Sole Sides cassette you have for sale. I don't think it's worth that much. Personally I think the most it is worth is 20 strictly based on DJ Shadow's parts. The Word Of Mouth part is dope as well. You have inspired me to let it go. I will make a dub and say goodbye.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    No that is not me but .

My b

Yo MyLatency. Do you like the Sole Sides cassette you have for sale. I don't think it's worth that much. Personally I think the most it is worth is 20 strictly based on DJ Shadow's parts. The Word Of Mouth part is dope as well. You have inspired me to let it go. I will make a dub and say goodbye.

I like it a lot, but seeing as I hardly ever rock tapes, I can't hold onto it. I would much rather a solesides/quannum head take it off my hands. Good luck, M

I got a copy and it's hard to not look at your auction and want to sell it. I want to give it a listen in a tape player with headphones then if I don't like it then it will be sold. VIVA TAPE PLAYERS (even though mine are dead).

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    For 60 or 70 bucks, you could probably part with em. I don't mean that as a dis, but if you really wanted to re-acquire those records, you could.

What hard to part with is the stuff that's a serious pain to find. The records that pop up once a year IF that, and never for prices you want to pay.

I've got a few that I'm debating flipping for honeymoon $, and I don't know if I'll ever see em again....

Word. They shall go. I only seen one of these 45's once on eBay. Never seen it again after that. I have to put a reserve on it for 50 because it seemed like a record only a couple heads knew or cared about. I want to sell one I got but I don't know how to approach selling it. Anybody know when eBay is gonna get them 10 cents listings up or any deals. I think I will post tomorrow at around 4:00 I think that is when most people can bid.

• If I need money and don't really like the record at the moment, I sell it. I kept too many records thinking I gonna like it one day. It's wasted time and not a good thing to keep records in a dusty place without using it!
    If I don't (really) need money, I prefer to trade it, for my collection to don't lose "quality" and grab a record I really like instead..

• DJelV2000DJelV2000 322 Posts
    what about rec's that you got 2 copies of and want to flip but you still got reservations..

I got 2 minty Newban 1 recs...dumb luck... should I flip it?
    I dont know... its nice having 2 (braging writes)
    but I keep thinking about the blue chips I could get 4 it

Like they said it's good to circulate records. No use in having doubles just tell the story.

FLIP

FLIP

FLIP

GAME OVER

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Like they said it's good to circulate records. No use in having doubles just tell the story.

mike2600?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I've got a few that I'm debating flipping for honeymoon $

If there was EVER a good time to sell your cherished raers, i believe this would be it. man up foll! (this coming from a 23 yr. old)