ProTools + iphone = Next Level

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• thats probably the coolest thing ive ever seen!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I can't listen to the audio at work. Is there some explanation of how he's doing that? is there some software he's using on the iphone or is it just Bluetooth?

That had me saying

• thats probably the coolest thing ive ever seen!

That is pretty cool. Also feeling the Iphone MPC app.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Cool, but useless.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    To be honest I agree with you Pony, and I am not a real fan of Pro Tools anyways.

And what is up with the big hype of having EVERYTHING possible on one small instrument.

What if you save of your shit on it, and someone steals your phone, it breaks, etc. I guess back it up...but I'm a fan of home studios.

I have to say it is nifty, but worthless.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    To be honest I agree with you Pony, and I am not a real fan of Pro Tools anyways.

And what is up with the big hype of having EVERYTHING possible on one small instrument.

What if you save of your shit on it, and someone steals your phone, it breaks, etc. I guess back it up...but I'm a fan of home studios.

I have to say it is nifty, but worthless.

Just kind of seems pointless to have your PT setup (hardware/speakers etc) right there in front of you, but using a small little interface like the iPhone. To use PT you must have your hardware plugged into the computer so it's not like you could use this on the bus or some shit. But as a producer it might be a good way to impress new clients and get more dough from them!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm working o a remix, have a deadline for friday, and about 8 hours to dedicate to it. i was just wishing i could put the session on my iphone, and work on it at the shop. crazy. where was the edit window though? all they show is the mix window.