Random Record Score Knocking At Your Door

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
So I'm here at my house recording vinyl and my buzzer rings. It's the mailman but not my usual one. He comes up to my apartment and hands me the package, which is a record, and asks me "Say man, what genre is this?" I look at it and see it's a Stones Throw package and tell him "Well, this here is from a label out of California. They're mainly a hip-hop record label but over the last few years they've started to reissue a lot of older and more obscure funk and shit like that..."... he then says "Check it out. My brother was a DJ back in the 70s and early 80s and when he passed away a few years ago I got all his records. About 27 crates. I've had it all for all these years and I've been slowly been recording them to CD but just last week I realized that I'm just tired and I need to get rid of these joints." It was at this point that I invited him into my crib and brought him back to the studio to talk. I started showing him some joints and he was like "Yeah man, let's do this."So yeah, I'm going up to The Bronx hopefully next week. See what's good. Might be some shit.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Christmas coming early?

• Score.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The lady that cuts my hair down the street just gave me 200+ records. all those polish joints in my weekend finds are from her.

let me know if you need some help sorting through those cosmo.
    i'm sure jonny can use some for the shop.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Earlier this year a friend of mine was at a record show, and some dude taps him on the shoulder asking him if he likes funk records. My friend says yes, and proceeds to look through the single box of 45s that the dude brought. BAM! Two copies of Willie Wright "Right on for the Darkness", and a third that he got from the same dude about a week later.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Earlier this year a friend of mine was at a record show, and some dude taps him on the shoulder asking him if he likes funk records. My friend says yes, and proceeds to look through the single box of 45s that the dude brought. BAM! Two copies of Willie Wright "Right on for the Darkness", and a third that he got from the same dude about a week later.

"Hey man, do you want to trade $200 for my $3500"?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

So yeah, I'm going up to The Bronx hopefully next week. See what's good. Might be some shit.

Its stories like this that keep me going.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

"Hey man, do you want to trade $200 for my $3500"?

Pretty much.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

So yeah, I'm going up to The Bronx hopefully next week. See what's good. Might be some shit.

it's stories like this that make me want to find out who the mail guy was...put a lil fro'd out wig on and be like "hey remember me its Cosmo?"

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i was in monterey recently wandering around while my wife attended a math conference. while jumping around the garage sales i met a woman whos husband was the music director at a local monterey radio station. havent had a chance to run down there but i was told theres well over 10,000 pieces from the 60s-early 80s. theyve been sitting in boxes in the garage for the last 20years.

you can search all day for records but sometimes records find you...

• So yeah, I'm going up to The Bronx hopefully next week. See what's good. Might be some shit.

it's stories like this that make me want to find out who the mail guy was...put a lil fro'd out wig on and be like "hey remember me its Cosmo?"

HaHa!!! I'm going to hire a Cosmo imposter and research mailmen in his area!

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    hire a Cosmo imposter and research mailmen

Your records are MINE, Baker!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    hire a Cosmo imposter and research mailmen

Your records are MINE, Baker!

i knew it was easy

• This shit had me seriously LOL to the point of crying

P.S. first time I've used both the "why must I cry? graemlin and the LOL acronym.