Grado Headphones

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Im thinking about buying a pair for a friend... any of you guys have a pair? How low in price can I go and still get quality?

Comments

• The SR-60s are the entry level SRs and totally worth the money. If you don't want to spend anymore than this, you will still get jawdropping sound. I would not recommend them for street listening though as they break easily. Strictly in home listening sessions.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i've had the sr-125's for about a year.5 and i love them. great sound, nice construction, ultra lite, comfortable, their low end is not booming, but still there- for the most part, any sound put through them sounds excellent

• The SR-60s are the entry level SRs and totally worth the money. If you don't want to spend anymore than this, you will still get jawdropping sound. I would not recommend them for street listening though as they break easily. Strictly in home listening sessions.

Just got these for about 60 bucks and they sound pretty amazing. But being that they're open ended, you can hear everything going on around you, so yeah, recommended for home/studio use only.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    The SR-60s are the entry level SRs and totally worth the money. If you don't want to spend anymore than this, you will still get jawdropping sound. I would not recommend them for street listening though as they break easily. Strictly in home listening sessions.

yeah i forgot to say, i only use them for home listening, and their open ear construction is not condusive to airplane riding or streets

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The SR-60s are the entry level SRs and totally worth the money. If you don't want to spend anymore than this, you will still get jawdropping sound. I would not recommend them for street listening though as they break easily. Strictly in home listening sessions.

I also rock the sr-60s, but i use them for listening while being out. Obviously I wouldn't listen with them on an airplane because it's rude, but anywhere else is fine. It's not like you need total isolation to appreciate music.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    the 60s are nice and highly recommended, although I found a significant increase in sound quality when you go up to the 80s for a relatively small bump in price. Hopefully you'll be able to try them out when you buy, but I'm sure you'll be very pleased even with the SR60.

• I've got the 80s. I like them. I was having some problems with my ears, working on music with headphones late at night. The open ended aspect helps. it's easier on your ears.

I do think they are somewhat lacking in the low-end, but I probably wouldn't use them to do a final mix of a project. Good for at home listening. They are somewhat delicate, so they are not suitable for much travel or stashing in a backpack or anything like that.

• they look cool, but I never buy speakers or headphones without having a listen to them for myself first.