NAS new album title - N^&&*R

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
After tryin to grab headlines w/ HIP HOP IS DEAD should he be trying stir up controversy?Will he be able to back it up w/ good art as well? :5pager:

Comments

• Good for Nas. Stir the pot.

• Wasn't this some BS Foxnews stirred up? I thought NAS denied that an album by this title was even in development.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Plaese to clarify a rumour.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    tacky
    b/w
    unless its got a banger like 'made u look'

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

tacky
    b/w
    unless its got a banger like 'made u look'

"The Fear (of a Black Man's Dick)"
    "You a Nigger Too"

Sweetheart is gonna be up in the club, Beckysteeez ,requestin that shit.

"U got the N bomb shit?"

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    more concerned about the substance of the actual album than the title. plenty of artists of the past have used the term, and im reffering to then ending of "gger" as opposed to "igga".

from that interview i can understand where he's coming from. while he's not albumy consistent, he's definitely tracks-wise consistent, and for that u got to give him his proppers.

• i've got to say, i find his answer contradictory. he speaks about shifting power away from the word "getting through it, you know", then says he'd be offended if a white person referenced the word disassociated from his album, which i can't help see as a gimmicky promotional tool. regardless, isn't the only power the word has, which he talks about destroying, is its seeming power to be offensive? what other power does it have? and what power would you be destroying other then being offened by it?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

But dude???some of his best friends are black.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Man, this task is way too big for Nas. He's only gonna look follish in the process.

• I feel like Nas is about a year late with his moves.

the "Hip-hop is Dead" thing was a similar case; I remmeber thinking "is he serious with this tired argument? that's like yrs ago." meanwhile Nas no doubt considered it to be some bold, controversial statement.

same with this current album title. if he had dropped this when Paul Mooney was trying to "kill" the N-word, etc. I feel like it might have had more resonance.

I feel like Nas is about a year late with his moves.

the "Hip-hop is Dead" thing was a similar case; I remmeber thinking "is he serious with this tired argument? that's like yrs ago." meanwhile Nas no doubt considered it to be some bold, controversial statement.

same with this current album title. if he had dropped this when Paul Mooney was trying to "kill" the N-word, etc. I feel like it might have had more resonance.

No doubt -

Im wondering if this will be a "concept" album or will he address the idea for a couple of songs and revert to a handfull of radio/club bangers?

In his defense he has never really let go of doing "Conscious Rapp". He has kept it a part of his scheme since the second album. So ill give him the benefit of the doubt, cause him does seem honest and real w/it.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    that cover art is amazing.

• dont care about the title but dude looks like he is eternally 16 years old.

peace, stein. . .

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    that cover art is amazing.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    1. Intro
    2. Black Legends
    3. Rest In Peace
    4. You A Nigger Too
    5. The Fear Of A Black Man???s Dick
    6. I???m Blessed
    7. The Truth
    8. Realize
    9. Just Memories
    10. This Way (featuring Jay-Z)
    11. Kisses & Hugs (featuring Kelis)
    12. Based On A True Story (featuring The Game)
    13. Take A While
    14. Nigger
    15. Publicity (bonus track)

• 11. Kisses & Hugs (featuring Kelis)

I see them on Fairfax all the time, buying "streetwear". They really are an adorable couple.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I feel like Nas is about a year late with his moves.

No doubt -

Im wondering if this will be a "concept" album or will he address the idea for a couple of songs and revert to a handfull of radio/club bangers?

In his defense he has never really let go of doing "Conscious Rapp". He has kept it a part of his scheme since the second album. So ill give him the benefit of the doubt, cause him does seem honest and real w/it.

I was about to say that Nas seems to have taken on the mantle of Rapper Most Likely To Make A Controversial Artistic Statement With Each New Record, but you just reminded me that he's never really shied away from that anyway, despite the often uneven results.

• 1. Intro
    2. Black Legends
    3. Rest In Peace
    4. You A Nigger Too
    6. I???m Blessed
    7. The Truth
    8. Realize
    9. Just Memories
    13. Take A While
    14. Nigger

THE FEAR OF A BLACK MAN"S DICK

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    1. Intro
    2. Black Legends
    3. Rest In Peace
    4. You A Nigger Too
    6. I???m Blessed
    7. The Truth
    8. Realize
    9. Just Memories
    13. Take A While
    14. Nigger

I heard its "I gave you power" pt II

git fam