The Great Lead Scare of 2007

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm sure most of you have seen news accounts over the last few months about toys from China being painted with lead based paint. Now way back when I was a kid I had cars, trucks and toy soldiers that were made out of 100%......lead. But now we know better, we've learned that eating lead or lead based paint can be dangerous and even fatal to children, and as a result the chinese toy debacle was a big deal.....as it should have been.Heck, I've even read that the head of one of the accused toy companies was executed by the Chinese government.....serious stuff.But last night the local Dallas major network news brought this shit to a whole 'nother level.They apparently bought some Christmas lights, had them tested at a local lab, and determined that under the protective plastic coating there was a small amount of lead in the wiring itself!!They then set up cameras at a local department store and as people were selecting these particular X-Mas lights they would stop the buyer and say "Did you know those lights contain lead!!"The customers(at least the ones they aired) all said something to the effect of "Oh my, I had no idea, I don't want lead in my home".All I could think of was "Hey lady, if your kid is chewing on plugged in electrical wires lead is the least of your worries"This shit just amazes me.......so.......I am about to write a letter to this particular "Consumer Advocate" reporter alerting him to an even bigger problem.Bullets.That's right, I think this dude should start a campaign to get warnings printed on all packages of ammunition and bullets."Warning: This product contains lead"

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    You mean all this time I've been feeding my baby bullets made with lead?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You mean all this time I've been feeding my baby bullets made with lead?

Look for the brand with the "Lead-Free" label!!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Batteries too. I think that you should send a letter to your congressman becaue that is some really communist stuff if they are to get us with poisons. Maybe we're safe in Canada, or they also communist?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    YES!!!! It's about time we start regulating pencils as well! And don't get me started on fishing weights!!!!!!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Heavy metal will make you retarded. Get the Led out!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Speaking of retarded, why were you even watching the local TV news?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Speaking of retarded, why were you even watching the local TV news?

For the special segment they were running on Pimp C

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Somebody gave me a little container of play-doh this week at work (why? I don't know). It said "made in china" on it and I gave that shit back. I'm scurred!