Bay Area DJs...help me with speaker rental

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I was asked to dj a holiday party for a design company, but I have to bring equipment. I don't have suitable speakers. I've been looking around, but I wanted to check and see with the Strut community if they know of any good spots to rent decent speakers for djing.I just want something that sounds good. Only really needs to be 2 speakers. It's for about 80 people. Any info would be appreciated. I totally lucked out on this one. It's my fiance's work and they asked me to do it. They have a $1000 budget for the dj, so whatever isn't spent on speakers goes to my pocket (and our honeymoon).

Comments

• I'd go to either Manor Music In Pacifica (pretty close to you!) or B-Side in Berkeley.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah B-Side has those powered Mackie speakers that should more than suit your needs. i think when i tried to reserve them it was like $50.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    yeah B-Side has those powered Mackie speakers that should more than suit your needs. i think when i tried to reserve them it was like $50.

B-Sides is what I would do too--I talked 'em down to $30. You could also do the famous buy it and then return it technique if you feel that you want to keep the $1000 for right now. A couple of self-powered Mackies would cost you about that much.