big ass baklava burrito thing

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
any greek food heads know what this is called? Just had one and it was basically it was like baklava, but rolled like a burrito and had more nuts and goodies and they seemed to be softer, not as crunchy/hard as in Baklava. Bought it on a whim at the greek sammich place down the street...asked the dude working what it was called and he just shrugged his shoulders but said it was good. It was indeed good.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Did they look like this?

• Did they look like this?

yeah, but the were tucked on the ends like a burrito...

Everyone makes them a little differently - I'm pretty sure they're called baklava rolls, unless there is a major recipe difference.

• Everyone makes them a little differently - I'm pretty sure they're called baklava rolls, unless there is a major recipe difference.

ah ok, not as exotic of a name as I hoped...but damn it was good, really hit the spot...

Not sure how hardcore your sweet tooth is, but if it's titanium grade, give zoolbiya a try, it is one of the stickiest, sweetest and syrupiest treats around, and made right, it is heavenly!

• I will ride for anything baklava related. Once ate a piece about the size of my head.