NRR Poll (Give ex house keys or leave cat alone)

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I'm leaveing for a week and I don't have anyone to watch the cat. My crazy ex offered, but I don't know if I really want to give her my house keys. I figure if she did anything I would know it was her and I could call the cops when I return. But I've left my cat alone for a week on more than one occation. She's old and sleeps all day anyhow. So tons of food and water and 3 cat boxes gets her through just fine. Basically I feel like I could trust my ex. But she was the lieing cheater I posted about before. While she's a total shit head to go out with I never really pegged her as a criminal. Plus, I think she's offering cuz she feels bad about being so lousy to me. What would you do?????? Is it cruel to leave a cat alone for a week as long as there is food, water and litter? I can leave a upper widow open so she gets fresh air and no one can break in. The place next to me got broken into the other day so i think I should have someone comming by.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think you already know the answer to this one

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know what's worse, that you're actually considering this or that you're asking soulstrut about it

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I don't know what's worse, that you're actually considering this or that you're asking soulstrut about it

Yea, I'm board at work plus I think people have pretty good ideas around here.

I told her no, but I just thought is was strange that she would even ask. So I thought I'd see what you all think.

I thought it was funny that in the other thread some one said ignore her and it would make her nuts. I've ignored her for several weeks and now she's going out her way to be nice to me, so it's just all very strange.

Plus I got drunk with a friend who has even worse ex problems than me, so we had a total bitch session last night and I feel a lot better.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

BTW My real concern is leaving the cat alone. I've never had any problems doing it before. But I know we have a lot of animal lovers around here so I just wanted to see if other people would leave a cat for this long. Obviously you couldn't do it with a dog, but cats take care of themselves.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

BTW My real concern is leaving the cat alone. I've never had any problems doing it before. But I know we have a lot of animal lovers around here so I just wanted to see if other people would leave a cat for this long. Obviously you couldn't do it with a dog, but cats take care of themselves.

You realize they have these animal hotels called kennels, right?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    or these other people that can watch your cat called friends