BUMPS (hip hop mix) free download

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I made this mix a few years back. I pieced it together over a 2 year period, not full time, but going back to it every now and then. I'm still proud of it. I was thinking about repressing it, but cds aren't the easiest sell these days. So, here's a free 192 download of it. There are lots of edits and layers. i added extra drums a lot of tracks. It's a fun listen.It's O-dub approved:If you???ve seen the tracklist I know you???re thinking ???what, another early ???90s hip-hop mix? ??? Hear Controller 7 out though??? Bumps isn???t purely just an exercise in nostalgia nor one of those ???check out my 4 Freddy Fresh star ???random rap??? singles.??? Rather, it???s Controller 7 taking some killer tunes and finding a way to make them work together even better. In other words, it does exactly what a good mix should do: take the familiar and transform them into something new and listenable. It???s one of the better mix-CDs I???ve heard in a long time and doesn???t get bogged down in excessive turntablistics or weak segues. The playlist has songs you know well: Pete Rock and CL Smooth???s ???Straighten It Out,??? Cypress Hill???s ???Hand on the Pump,??? etc. but it also includes tracks you might have forgotten like Sparky D???s ???Throwdown,??? De La Soul???s ???Freedom of Speak,??? Stezo???s ???Bring the Horns,??? and Del???s ???Burnt.??? All in all, 31 tracks built from 90+ records (and apparently, a video). Bump this. -O-Dubhttp://www.zshare.net/download/527927206cfe8b/

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    thank you for this.

on another note, what font is "BUMPS" in?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Thanks!

• I bought this when you pressed it on CD.
    It's a great listen, C7. Nicely done.

• thanks sloppy. I've enjoyed your mixes as well.

I don't remember the font name off hand, but maybe i can go back and find the files and look it up.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    This looks good.
    ...and I think the font's named Paisley if I recall.

• i'm about half way thru, and it's a really tight mix. i'm gonna blast this all weekend in the whip... thanks a ton for the upload.

• I bought this when you pressed it on CD.
    It's a great listen, C7. Nicely done.

Word. I bought this at Amoeba awhile but the CD got trashed. Thanks for the mint-up.

• I zipped it, so you get all the individual tracks and they are tagged properly. There is also a bonus megamix on track 32 that's not listed on the artwork. A hidden track, but it's on it's own track so you can skip to it.

• Someone pointed out that the intro track is missing. If you downloaded it already and it's missing the intro track you can grab that here:

BUMPS mix cd intro (track 1)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/5322144b5f4109/

If you haven't downloaded the mix yet, here is a new link, with all of the files.

http://www.zshare.net/download/532233926f1180/

• Just downloading. Appreciated!

Peace,

Dress