SCAMS (NRR)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
For those that know a little about them. I need your help. I've been notified by my bank that the money orders I deposited were counterfeits. Basically what I did was send over cash by Western Union after I checked that the money was deposited into my account.So my question is...is liability 100% on my part, or is the bank somewhat liable because they cleared the funds into my account (knowing only a week later that they were counterfeits).I know the odds of tracking down these guys are slim, but what are yall experiences with them. Shit is not fun right about now...they say quick money is never good money. I've learned my lesson.

Comments

• these guys gave you money orders and you gave them cash???

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yes (Western Union transfer). Anyway, this is the very definition of , and I am embarrassed to say I have become a victim of fraud. For those that can give me suggestions besides doing the obvious of --contacting Western Union, filing a police report, discussing with bank representative, please PM me, that'd be great.

• No, banks are not liable.

Yes (Western Union transfer). Anyway, this is the very definition of , and I am embarrassed to say I have become a victim of fraud. For those that can give me suggestions besides doing the obvious of --contacting Western Union, filing a police report, discussing with bank representative, please PM me, that'd be great.

damn fool... you fell for that we'll send you money orders & you send us some cash & keep some for yourself!!!
    your lucky you only got burned out the $, my homie just fell victim to this shit recently & upon trying to cash the money orders he was arrested!
    so take it on the chin & a hard lesson learned & be glad your not now having to fight the shit in court on felony fraud charges...
    peace!

damn. lesson definitely learned. An acquaintance of mine was recently involved in some employee fraud, and he went to jail.

• really man? Jesus.

What was the email he sent ya? Was he an african prince or something? I got an email like this a while ago... fuck though. I got ripped off on the ole speakers outta the van deal a few years back. And these guys rolled up to sell me speakers out of a van the other day... and I was like... yea sorry I fell for that one a while back... and they just laughed and rolled out... drats.

Not a direct mail scam.

The most upsetting thing is, I just emailed this person again, and got a response just NOW. I'm about to go to the local police to see if anything is traceable or there are obvious patterns of this group of people.