My mom

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
... just called me from Live 8. She wanted to tell me how much she's enjoying Jay-Z's show.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

no, no, make that HARDER THAN FOCK

Your moms sounds like my own. Free spirited and does her own thing.

Respect.

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    My moms used to excercise to my Metallica CDs back in high school.

Last I checked, she had the Momma Mia Soundtrack on heavy rotation - what went wrong!!??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mom actually went to see Jay-Z exclusively. She just told me that, and also said that his backing band was pretty good, but she was surprised because she's never seen a rapper use a live band except for The Roots. She owns Blueprint and Black album, and rocks them often (along with Missy and Outkast.)

Ask my mom who her favorite rappers, and the conversation might go like this.

1: Missy ("I love that Missy, she cracks me up haha. Badunkadunkdunk haha, that's great")

2: Busta Rhymes ("Busta Rhymes is my favorite. Those videos are great.") - Her favorite rap video is Busta Rhymes "Gimme Some More."

3: Public Enemy ("Public Enemy is the REAL DEAL. Plus Chuck D really knows what's up. We should invite him to Thanksgiving dinner.")

4: Big Daddy Kane ("Does Big Daddy Kane still rap? He was great. You used to LOVE Big Daddy Kane in high school, Cos.)

5: Outkast ("These guys are great. I just can't help but dance when they're on.) - Another of her favorite videos is Outkast "Ghetto Musik"

No joke, dude. I'm not making this up.

Oh yeah, my mom also likes Cam'ron cause she thinks he's handsome and she also likes the Young Gunz because they're romantic to their girls in the "No Better Love" video.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Oh yeah Cosmo, my mom likes Crystal Gayle and the Dirty Dancing OST. How hip is that?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    My moms put me up on Meredith Monk, Laurie Anderson, and the Talking Heads when I was 8 years old in '88.

• my mom likes T.Rex...isnt that considered cool these days?

and she owns a So-So Def Bass Allstars CD!!!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I was always jackin' records from my mom, funky shit, 'till I became a teen, then she jacked tapes from me.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my mom strickly rocks nora jones and the RENT soundtrack.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    ... just called me from Live 8. She wanted to tell me how much she's enjoying Jay-Z's show.

my mom cant even pronounce Jay-Z.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    My mom has something around 3,000-4,000 cds of STRICTLY classical music. Mostly solo piano performances. She pretty much just listens to these. ANd teaches classical piano.

I was not shocked to discover that neither of my parents had any clue who jay-z was.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I love my parents more than anything in this world though. For real.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i had lif's "live from the plantation" on in the car one time when i was taking my mom somewhere and she was digging it. a few weeks later on the way to somewhere else, she asked if i had anything else of his.

i was like, "what?!"

then she was all like, "totally!"

then i was all like, "gnarrly dude!!"

my dad was all excited telling me he was listening to 2 live crew on the way to work. i ended up burning him a cope of the dre's "chronic" that he plays on the regular. "ohh i like this, man. he uses a lot of parliament. did i tell you that i saw them in concert?! they landed the mothership right there on the goddamn stage."

crazy kids.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    My moms used to excercise to my Metallica CDs back in high school.

Last I checked, she had Momma Mia on heavy rotation