Vestax Controller One "Musical" Turtable - wtf?

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Turntablism is dead, yeah I know, but has anyone f*cked with this? Supposedly you can create "tones and melodies" with this thing. Dudes would have been lining up to cop this in late 90's/early 00's for this. Description from labcabinIt's finally happened. Vestax has re-invented the turntable into a true musical instrument with the Controller One. The brainchild of legendary scratch innovators D-Styles and Ricci Rucker, the Controller One functions on actual musical instrument principles rather than mere pitch control allowing... expand review the DJ to create a wide range of tones and melodies never before heard from a turntable. With it's tunable pitch range and selection of dedicated buttons, the Controller One can be set to cover up to 2 octaves all in the world's first wooden, semi-hollow body (for excellent acoustic character). This turntable is definitely in a league of its own and will usher in a new era for turntablists and scratch composers. FEATURES ??? world's first direct drive turntable instrument??? +/-8, 10 & 60% pitch range??? pitch bend joy-stick??? 33 & 45rpm??? straight tone-arm??? height adjustable tone arm??? anti-skate control??? quartz lock??? reverse play??? digital pitch display??? 7 segment pitch led (indicates note or pitch point)??? fader control (automatically splits 100mm fader strokes into 16 to playback musical notes)??? 2 octaves pitch/key range??? 8 control buttons??? button control (automatically program and playsback one octave musical note by assigining standard musical notes to one of the 8 control key positions)??? foot pedal inputs??? pedal control (change notes from external foot pedal with maximum 2 octave music notes)??? scale button (matches the pitch speed instantly to major and minor scales)??? pitch bend shift (moves up and down in half tones to play sharp and flat notes)??? wooden semi-hollow body??? cartridge/stylus included??? slipmat included -the mgmnt

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    So many badass options, plus its WOOD.

• I gotta imagine it's just dead in the US. Someone's still paying for Qberts Hawaiian pad.

• Turntablism is dead, yeah I know,

i dont know about that. the easier technology makes djing (and access to music), the more i want to see djs incorporate some aspects of turntablism in their sets just to show they aren't newbies.