Firefox help- computer nerds come on in!

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
so I opened Firefox and it told me that my "default User" was already using the browser, which is BS, so I switched to "Default User" with a capital D and it opened and now all my Bookmarks and shit are GONE. How do I get back to my original setting?/?HELP!ps. Trick Daddy is hosting Best of the South on BET and Project Pat is on- Chicken Heads!

Comments

• i get that sometimes if firefox closes in error...

if you do ctrl+alt+del you should see firefox running as a process even though it doesn't seem to be open. if you close that then restart all should be fine.

i'm not sure what the actual cause of this is though.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    are you using a PC? ctrl+alt+del and view task manager/programs. force quit firefox and reopen.

• just starting yesterday my Firefox started fucking up. It will work for a bit but then I start getting hourglass after I click on a link or try to load a page and it never actually loads. At first I thought it was my internet connection or a problem with the site I was trying to go to,but then realized it was the browser since my IE still worked. Any idea why this might be happening?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    no, I got it working but all my preferences are gone. how do I log back in as my original user profile so I can get all my stuff???????????????

HELP!!!!

ps. Juvenile's "Back That Azz Up" is number 1 on the Durrty countdown. I'm not mad.

• HELP!!!!

ps. Juvenile's "Back That Azz Up" is number 1 on the Durrty countdown. I'm not mad.

whats the Durrty countdown?

I still can't figure shit out.

The Durrty countdown was on BET, top 50 Dirty South videos

now I'm watching Being Bobby Brown- yo, this dude named TWO of his kids Bobby. WTF

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    assuming you already control alt deleted and turned off the 'secret' firefox that was running, now you need to do this:

To start the Profile Manager in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Close Firefox completely (select File > Exit from the main menu of Firefox).
    2. Select Start > Run... from the Windows Start menu.
    3. Enter firefox.exe -profilemanager and press OK.

step 3 means you literally must type (or copy/paste) "firefox.exe -profilemanager" (exactly as it looks there, but no quotation marks) into the box, then hit enter, and youll see a little menu - now select whatever profile youre not currently on. then restart firefox.

this just happened to me, i guarantee this will fix it. its one of the very few firefox bugs that hasnt been smoothed out yet.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    just starting yesterday my Firefox started fucking up. It will work for a bit but then I start getting hourglass after I click on a link or try to load a page and it never actually loads. At first I thought it was my internet connection or a problem with the site I was trying to go to,but then realized it was the browser since my IE still worked. Any idea why this might be happening?

This same thing has been happening to me a lot as of late. It sometimes happens when I resize the browser window and other times just out of no where. I've found a way to reload.

When Firfox freezes during a load:

1. Open a new tab (control+t / command+t) if you only have one tab open

2. Quit ... this will follow with a warning asking you if you really want to close all your tabs and quit

3. click cancel and the page will load now

** you will need to have the "warn before closing multiple tabs when quitting" button checked in your preferences for this to work

++++++

If anyone knows a way to stop this from happening, that would be great.