Why didn't anyone tell me this LP was dope ($1 RR)

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
man I must've passed this album in the dollar bins at least 100 times over the years. I had some time to burn yesterday so I hit the local rackord store and threw this on the listening station and my face instantly went Great piano jazz/ soul LP.I'm no longer sleeping and if any of y'all were its time to wake up

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That record is Jaime Feugo, doud.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    isn't that a solid one tracker??

love 'in the thick of it' although it took aminute to grow on me.

guzzo, do you have tomorrow's edition " a song for everyone" atlantic/rfc lp????

this will melt your fucking face.

get back to me on that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    isn't that a solid one tracker??

love 'in the thick of it' although it took aminute to grow on me.

guzzo, do you have tomorrow's edition " a song for everyone" atlantic/rfc lp????

this will melt your fucking face.

get back to me on that.

Nah the B.Russell is much more than a one tracker. its a great listen from start to finish, take it out the 0.99 0.50 0.25 bins and give it a listen.

I got an LP form Tomottows Edition but I forget the title Ivjust remember it has all the dudes on the cover looking at something and background is blue, is that the one your talking on?

yes thats a nice mocdern facemelter too. But I'm tellin' you T*m check out that Brenda Russell again, your ears will thank ya

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

man I must've passed this album in the dollar bins at least 100 times over the years. I had some time to burn yesterday so I hit the local rackord store and threw this on the listening station and my face instantly went

Great piano jazz/ soul LP.

I'm no longer sleeping and if any of y'all were its time to

wake up

BAD LOOK HOMIE!

You, I've been looking for that album for years. I just got it a month or two ago-some nice stuff on thur.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    yo we are sleeping on the modern hits in the dollar sections. the amount of dope shit on 12's lp's and janky 45's is insane.

what was the last one i found... LTD "you gave me love" skintight disco gospel cut. all these cuts out there that nobody will tell you about, yet everyone has.

to learn more about these types of common dope modern/disco cuts you could be sleeping on, do a google search on the "sound of gold" cd release by my guy jason lev. 7 comps in the series, all of them have a smooth blend of common as well as super rare cuts back to back, like it otta be. peep the tracklistings.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    yo we are sleeping on the modern hits in the dollar sections. the amount of dope shit on 12's lp's and janky 45's is insane.

what was the last one i found... LTD "you gave me love" skintight disco gospel cut. all these cuts out there that nobody will tell you about, yet everyone has.

to learn more about these types of common dope modern/disco cuts you could be sleeping on, do a google search on the "sound of gold" cd release by my guy jason lev. 7 comps in the series, all of them have a smooth blend of common as well as super rare cuts back to back, like it otta be. peep the tracklistings.

I'm just bout to do that. Your not kidding about sleeping on great tracks on cheapie 80's LP's I highly recommend copping that O'jays joint from '82 for the track "Don't Walk away Mad" such nice good feeling track.

meanwhile heres a track off the Brenda Russell LP. I can't front I'm a sucker for recognizable samples but the whole track is nice, just one of those feel good summer in the park type tracks

A Litlle Bit Of Love

This whole thread reminds me that two days ago I was bumping the Chic Selt-Titled album, pretty dam nice.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I'm just bout to do that. Your not kidding about sleeping on great tracks on cheapie 80's LP's I highly recommend copping that O'jays joint from '82 for the track "Don't Walk away Mad" such nice good feeling track.

meanwhile heres a track off the Brenda Russell LP. I can't front I'm a sucker for recognizable samples but the whole track is nice, just one of those feel good summer in the park type tracks

A Litlle Bit Of Love

Very cool!

Thanks

h

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i put in the thick of it on a new mix of mine. very nice jam... i think i played that song about 20 times in arow when i first foudn that record.
    i will get around to posting that mix somewhere

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    The beat is cool but the vocals begin to grate almost immediately, IMO.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Guzzo, you know you only bought that for the Big Pun sample

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Guzzo, you know you only bought that for the Big Pun sample

man don't make me drop other tracks off this LP

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Guzzo don't blame us cuz you've been sleeping!

I believe O-dub posted that track on his site a while back

Its not easy to find everywhere, either

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You were right about that Viva Max rackord. shit is dope! yay!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Man I've been looking for this for a minute ya bastid.

"Start todaaayyy, start todaaayyyy oh ooohhh," that shit is butter! With the kids singing and everything.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I haven't listened to that record in a verrrryyyy long time, but from what I remember I thought her vocals were a little weak, like she really couldn't hold down most of the songs. Maybe I'll listen to it again.

Man I've been looking for this for a minute ya bastid.

"Start todaaayyy, start todaaayyyy oh ooohhh," that shit is butter! With the kids singing and everything.

I think I still have my copy or I just got rid of it. Some nice drums on thur, I'll check for mines.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

A Litlle Bit Of Love

If that track is indicative of the rest the LP, I'll stay asleep.