Future collectro pics (rep your expedits)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
third shelf down, second cube from left... 250gb Seagate with Boscoe in unplayed 24K wavs, son!row 2, 4th cube on the right... Stark Reality @ 320. I'm working out a trade with my man to mint that one up. Bottom shelf are all my 40GBs with shit like my CTIs, Kudu's, and some random rock shit.

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Your .jpeg mastery continues to shine.

• funny thing is, it's kinda true. I been trading MP3s more than rec's lately. And I'm about to fill my second HD to capacity. TERABYTE of raer.

But I'm happily listening to vinyl rips of records that I probably will never see.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    TERABYTE of raer.

terabyte....really? isn't that like a couple years worth of music?

• I started that other thread about Kanye's Graduation on vinyl and it's becoming clear that (some) albums will no longer be pressed on vinyl. It made me think of this picture. This is the future of collecting. Actually you'll probably be able to get a 1000 terabite drive in the future and dudes will be putting up their old terabites (filled with raers) on the bay.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Lol at unplayed wavs!

• I don't actually have a terabyte... yet. but c'mon maru, how many records do you have?

I love thinking about these as the acetates of the future:

• You can get 1 TB now cheap as a mug.

This is actually 2 500 GB drives but the cost is US$430.

And Hitachi is now shipping a 1 TB (internal) drive that is 7200RPM for US$399. You can't beat that. You could take that and drop it in a USB harddrive enclosure for about US$500 total. You would be straight.

Its crazyness. We just bought about a couple months ago, before all this stuff came out, for 6g's a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with a total of 1 TB RAID 5. We are mainly using it as a NAS but still we could have made a shitty server with 2 of those 1 TB external joints in RAID 1 and it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.

[note:] There are advantages to the 6 grand Dell server. [end note]

• hell yea

• third shelf down, second cube from left... 250gb Seagate with Boscoe in unplayed 24K wavs, son!
    row 2, 4th cube on the right... Stark Reality @ 320. I'm working out a trade with my man to mint that one up.

Bottom shelf are all my 40GBs with shit like my CTIs, Kudu's, and some random rock shit.

hilarious photochop!

awesome