DJing Corporate X-mas party (?)

RawBRawB 67 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Sup peoples. I have to deejay this corporate event next week. They have given me a list of songs they want to hear. I have some of the "shit" they want, but definately not all of it. Not sure if I'll have time to rip some of the music they want from vinyl. Is there a way to get songs from itunes at 192kps? Here's their song list...Artist - Song2pac- how do you want it50 cent- in the clubAce of Base - The SignAerosmith/Run DMC- walk this wayakon- bartenderAretha Franklin - RepectB52s - Love ShackBeyonce - Crazy in Lovebeyonce- check on itbeyonce- get me bodiedbeyonce- ring the alarmBig and Rich - Save a Horse (ride a cowboy)black eye pes- my humpsbobby brown- my prerogativebon jovi- livin on a prayerbritney spears- gimme morebritney spears- slave 4 youbritney spears- toxicchristina aguilera- aint no other manChristina Aquilera -Dirtyciara- get upCyndie Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have FunDaft Punkdavid bowie- under pressureDestiny's Child - Say My Namedivinyls- i touch myselfEarth, Wind and Fireeve- tambourineFeistfergie- glamorousFleetwod MacGloria Ganor- I Will Survivegnarls barkley- crazyGuns N' Roses - Paradise Citygwen stefani- sweet escapej. lo - get rightjohn mellencamp - hurst so goodjourney- any way you want itjourney- dont stop believingjustin timberlake- rock your bodyjustin timberlake- sexybackkanye west- gold diggerkanye west- strongerKool & The Gang - Celebrationlil kim - jump offLionel Richie - All Night LongLou Bega - Mambo No 5Madonna - Ray of Lightmadonna- like a virginmadonna- open your heart to memadonna- vogueMary J Blidge - Family AffairMen at Work - I Come From a Land Down Undermichael jackson - Billy Jeanmichael jackson- don't stop till you get enoughmichael jackson- the way you make me feelMissy Elliot - 4 My PeopleMissy Elliot - Get ur freak onNotorious B.I.G - Big PoppaOutkastParliament - FlashlightParliament - Give up the Funk (tear the roof off the sucker)Play that Funky Music White Boyprince- 1999prince- kisspussycat dolls- beep beeppussycat dolls- buttonsQueen - Bohemian Rhapsodyrihanna- dont stop the musicrihanna- sosrihanna- umbrellaRod Stewart - do you think I'm sexyRose Royce - CarwashRun DMC-TrickySaltNPepa - None of your BusinessSaltNPepa- Whatta ManScissor Sisters - Filthy GorgeousScissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancinsean kingston- beautiful girlsShakira & Beyonca - Beautiful LiarShoutSir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Backstevie wonder- boogie on reggae womanSuper FreakThe Commodores - Brick Housethe killers- somebody told meThe Outfield- Your LoveThelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This WayTimbaland- The Way I AreTLC - No ScrubsTom Pettyusher - yeaVan Morrison - Brown Eyed Girlwhitney houston- i wanna dance with somebodyAny help is appreciated. Peaces! Rob aka DJ Raw B

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    THE damn wedding crate(s) right there. you better get to work.

• you are a better man than I, I couldnt stand hearing that shit, much less playing it for people....good god, that list made me throw up a little in my mouth.

• yeah, not that you shouldn't have the gig, but they should just set up itunes and put it on shuffle. That's quite a list of songs. There's some random requests in there. Of all the Pussycat Dolls songs they asked for Beep Beep. And Akon[/b] "bartender."

good luck. I bet they will come at you with some random requests the night of.

"Can you play Silent Night? We want to do some carroling."

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    LOL. Yup...my stomach got real queezy when I saw this list. I've deejayed countless weddings in the past, but have never been asked for Ace Of Base, Big And Rich, etc. Back to my original question...is their a site that offers these "songs" for download at 192 kps?

• LOL. Yup...my stomach got real queezy when I saw this list. I've deejayed countless weddings in the past, but have never been asked for Ace Of Base, Big And Rich, etc. Back to my original question...is their a site that offers these "songs" for download at 192 kps?

im sure I-tunes does, for a buck a pop

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    I've tried itunes once before, but when you get songs from itunes they are at 128kps and are protected AAC files which cannot be moved to Microwave. Is there a way around this? If not...guess I'll have to go to a Soccer Mom tea party and ask for help. Can someone recommend a good Soccer Mom tea party in San Francisco.

• I think if you make a playlist of the files you buy from itunes and then burn a cd of that playlist you can then re-load that cd into itunes and import them as mp3s and then transfer them into microwave. I think.

• I think if you make a playlist of the files you buy from itunes and then burn a cd of that playlist you can then re-load that cd into itunes and import them as mp3s and then transfer them into microwave. I think.

true. or you can convert selections to mp3 in itunes and dj with them straight from itunes playlists.

doesn't the new microwave support AAC?

• Try amazon, I d/l'ed something from there and I think it was 256. I hate d/ling from itunes.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I think if you make a playlist of the files you buy from itunes and then burn a cd of that playlist you can then re-load that cd into itunes and import them as mp3s and then transfer them into microwave. I think.
    if he's concerned about sound qual that will make things worse

• if he's concerned about sound qual that will make things worse

Why sweat sound quality at the corporate xmas party? Nobody's listening to the music anyways-they already know how it sounds.

If you want to play your itunes music in microwave, the burning-CD reload thing works, but I think you have to burn as audio CD. Unless things have changed with new versions.

I've tried the d/l, burn thing and it didn't sound too good. There was a noticeable difference. I guess if you have a bunch of drunk folks, it really doesn't matter.

A quick look at Amazon and they didn't have a couple of easy ones. I did a wedding this summer with an extensive list like the one above and found all of the things on Soulseek and the torrents. It took time though.

there's software that turns those goddamn m4a shits to mp3 or ogg. sound quality goes down, but not as bad as the burn/re-rip approach.

LOL. Yup...my stomach got real queezy when I saw this list. I've deejayed countless weddings in the past, but have never been asked for Ace Of Base, Big And Rich, etc. Back to my original question...is their a site that offers these "songs" for download at 192 kps?

i'm sure you have most of that shit, if you've done weddings. there's no one stop wedding crate blog. sorry. why don't you post a list of what you DON'T have? your first list was too long. matter of fact, my first reaction was to tell you to fuck off when I read it. aka YOU need to do SOME work.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    why don't post a list of what you DON'T have?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Get that money, holmes.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I'm going to press up a series of Wedding Crate Savers, due for release in 2008. Here are the first eight tracks for Volume One:

YMCA, Celebration, Baby Got Back, You Shook Me All Night Long, I Saw the Sign, Mony Mony (Billy Idol version), Friends in Low Places, Humpty Dance.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts

i'm sure you have most of that shit, if you've done weddings. there's no one stop wedding crate blog. sorry. why don't you post a list of what you DON'T have? your first list was too long. matter of fact, my first reaction was to tell you to fuck off when I read it. aka YOU need to do SOME work.

I've done plenty of work...and am willing to do more. I was simply asking if there was a way to download at 192kps. I like to make a professional presentation no matter what the gig. Thanks for your help...sorry for offending some of you.

• UR WHOLE STYLE IZ MAD OFFENSIVE, SUN.

PS Email me a list of the songs you need and I'll see if I have 'em. If I do, I'll bring an external drive and you can get 'em from me this Friday at our gig.

• I'm going to press up a series of Wedding Crate Savers, due for release in 2008. Here are the first eight tracks for Volume One:

YMCA, Celebration, Baby Got Back, You Shook Me All Night Long, I Saw the Sign, Mony Mony (Billy Idol version), Friends in Low Places, Humpty Dance.

Don't know if that a joke or not, but that's a really $mart idea. On vinyl?

So simple, yet so necessary.

"Corny Crate Savers" - on the label, just print "Keep this Record Hidden". Throw in a couple of exteneded intro edits for mixing. Write your own paycheck.

I'm going to press up a series of Wedding Crate Savers, due for release in 2008. Here are the first eight tracks for Volume One:

"Corny Crate Savers" - on the label, just print "Keep this Record Hidden". Throw in a couple of exteneded intro edits for mixing. Write your own paycheck.

those already exist

b/w

do you even dollarbin?

• I'm going to press up a series of Wedding Crate Savers, due for release in 2008. Here are the first eight tracks for Volume One:

those already exist

b/w

do you even dollarbin?

I've seen somthing like that on Labcabin but they are mostly hipster shit & 80's Jams. Didn't really see any with a wide variety of genre's (crappy as they are). Then again, I wasn't paying that close attention.

b/w

I only buy off the wall.
    (besides - in all honesty, I wouldn't want to own all those records for just one track, I have to carry enough records as it is. Know what I mean?)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Is this the thread where I admit that I like both Ace of Base songs...All That She Wants and The Sign?

Didn't think twice about them when they came out, but when I hear them now...me likey.

• at almost 100 songs at 3 minutes each thats about 5 hours. All you have to do is press shuffle. Done and done.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    at almost 100 songs at 3 minutes each thats about 5 hours. All you have to do is press shuffle. Done and done.

i'd estimate more in the 4 minute range per song.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I was joking about my intentions, but there are no doubt staples that are sure-shots at these types of functions. "Corny Crate Savers" is a better title, and the disclaimers would be a key feature.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Is this the thread where I admit that I like both Ace of Base songs...All That She Wants and The Sign?

Didn't think twice about them when they came out, but when I hear them now...me likey.

Two questions. One???what was it that opened up your eyes?
    And two???did it help you get into the light where you belong?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Two questions. One???what was it that opened up your eyes?
    And two???did it help you get into the light where you belong?

Not sure and yet to be determined.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude, try the google index search:

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)title.of.song.or.artist.here.

it will take a while but it beats waiting for torrents, it basically searches index files for (format) title.of.song. and you download immediatly.

(make sure to add a fullstop/period after each word).

get creative with your search terms as most people are muppets and dont really file their mp3s intelligently.

so, if you were searching for christina aguilera- aint no other man it would look like this:

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)aint.no.other.man.

or if you wanted to search for all songs by said artist you would type

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)christina.aguilera

good luck.

• Dude, try the google index search:

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)title.of.song.or.artist.here.

it will take a while but it beats waiting for torrents, it basically searches index files for (format) title.of.song. and you download immediatly.

(make sure to add a fullstop/period after each word).

get creative with your search terms as most people are muppets and dont really file their mp3s intelligently.

so, if you were searching for christina aguilera- aint no other man it would look like this:

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)aint.no.other.man.

or if you wanted to search for all songs by said artist you would type

intitle:"index.of"(mp3|wav|avi)christina.aguilera

good luck.