is HARD TO OBTAIN dope?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
i really love the izm & bluez lp. i'm not sure about the rappers taste & dl. do you guys like them. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i thought the title of this thread was "IS IT HARD TO OBTAIN DOPE?" so i was slighly dissapointed. but yeah, the beats on that hard to obtain lp are sick!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I tried listening to this the other day........and it was hard to get through. Production is nice but the mc's are godawful. Who wants my white label 2lp promo?

same thing happened when I listened to LOTUG...........they're the "cougars" of early 90's hiphop, it just hasn't aged well.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    NOPE. BEATS ARE VERY DOPE THOUGH. LYRICALLY WACK.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Accordin to the recents laws you can have your ass slammed in jail JUST for tryin to get dope........

Stay away from drugs

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    i really love the izm & bluez lp. i'm not sure about the rappers taste & dl. do you guys like them. peace, stein. . .

Yo,

I'll go with very dope. A solid lp for any era.

h

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Most definitely dope from a cratedigging perspective. They used a lot of raers on that album, especially for back then (1993? 94?).

• my favourite sd50 produced lp...

• Options

LONG ISLAND STAND UP!!! Hard 2 Obtain are dope. LI Groove bitch.

I tried listening to this the other day........and it was hard to get through. Production is nice but the mc's are godawful. Who wants my white label 2lp promo?

same thing happened when I listened to LOTUG...........they're the "cougars" of early 90's hiphop, it just hasn't aged well.

I want your promo if you are serious I got trades but ya I have been listening to LOTUG and I don't feel them like I used to. I still like the beats and the rhymes are but I don't know.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i'm on the fence with this. i just downloaded it thanks to some strutters, and i was a little underwhelmed with all the internet hype. ...but LI Groove is pretty dope

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Most definitely dope from a cratedigging perspective. They used a lot of raers on that album, especially for back then (1993? 94?).

Stylistically speaking, I think the cover was ahead of it's time. Shit looks dope.

H2O where cool. I had a couple singles and was tried listen to their albums this year,

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hard to obtain are fuckin ill. i love "Izm and Blue", the beats on that album are and i like the rhymes too

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    i thought the title of this thread was "IS IT HARD TO OBTAIN DOPE?" so i was slighly dissapointed. but yeah, the beats on that hard to obtain lp are sick!

yeah, i was a little disapointed as well

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

yeah, i was a little disapointed as well

It's funny how your mind fills in the blanks like that. I'm sure there is a technically term for it. I remember learning that a lot of your side vision is just your brain filling in the blanks.

They had a good thing on Almost Live a old late night show in Seattle. There was a place in the Pike Place Market called The Bead Shop. But people always went in there asking for BREAD. The owner even add stuff to the sing saying "beads for wearing, not bread for baking". Still people misread.

So....... Almost Live had a guy stand in front of the store asking people what the sign said and one after another said "The Bread Store". The funny thing is he would have them re-read it and some people would keep misreading it.

But the problem here is that Soulstut is full of stoners!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Dope beats.
    Such a shame about the MC???s.
    And still to this day one of my favourite hip hop album covers.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    'L.I. Groove' and 'Jokers World' were both dope enough for me to pick that one up - having been already drawn to it by the cover.
    When I interviewed Dante Ross, he said that he enjoyed working on that album.

I wonder where these guys disappeared to? Same with Hard Knocks...

'L.I. Groove' and 'Jokers World' were both dope enough for me to pick that one up - having been already drawn to it by the cover.

I heard he only worked with them that he only worked with them because Zev Love X was down with them. Was it on the Spine interview. I still got that one saved on my computer.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I heard he only worked with them that he only worked with them because Zev Love X was down with them. Was it on the Spine interview. I still got that one saved on my computer.

If I'm not mistaken, DWG prolly conducted that interview...

Don't think that the LOTUG has aged well, but I haven't heard that in a while. I'm surprised that there isn't more love for Hard 2 Obtain lp.

Ya I know. I read it somewhere else. I have to find it. I will post link in a while.

Yo it's on the Wax Poetics interview. That's why I couldn't find it online. Go check it out. Somebody post exactly what he said, I don't have the issue read it at the store.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I love "Ism & Blues" through and through!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. Yo dawgs, I'm back in ButtwauKKKee from Akron!!!

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Nope, they were wack in 93' and 94' when I bought their single and they are still wack today... Hard To Obtain... Easy to Ditch.