Buy Nothing Day

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
what did you buy???randomly came across this magazine. pretty neat, glad I picked it up. Other that that, just some orange juice in the morning and a bowl of chili later on. But food doesn't count does it?

Comments

• Cummin and bay leaves to make turkey chili with leftovers...

this is alternately the funniest and saddest day in our calendar...watching fat americans stampede into Best Buy at 5 am is such a bad/funny look.

As my mother, an accounting professor put it this morning, 'There seems to be this patriotic attitude about, IF YOU'RE NOT SPENDING TOO MUCH TODAY, YOU AREN'T DOING ENOUGH FOR THE COUNTRY...If our economy is depending on the day after thanksgiving to save it, there are much bigger problems at work.'

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    this is alternately the funniest and saddest day in our calendar...watching fat americans stampede into Best Buy at 5 am is such a bad/funny look.

Saying, and the fact that they do so in a food coma hangover just fuels the irono-analytical fire.

• People were camping out in 30 degree weather last night just to get a ticket that would give them the chance at some big ticket items at a lower price.LCD TV"S, Computer's, DVD players..etc. Plus there were a few fights, people crushed as they ran to get into best buy, a few robberies out in the parking lot...sounds like the official holidays are going to be a blast.

• People were camping out in 30 degree weather last night just to get a ticket that would give them the chance at some big ticket items at a lower price.LCD TV"S, Computer's, DVD players..etc. Plus there were a few fights, people crushed as they ran to get into best buy, a few robberies out in the parking lot...sounds like the official holidays are going to be a blast.

HAHahaa...any youtube links for us?

i didnt buy shit today!!!!!

i heated up leftovers like a champ
    and dropped pumpkin smellin farts everywhere

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i heated up leftovers like a champ
    and dropped pumpkin smellin farts everywhere
    we talmbout today?
    I bought a king size Payday and some herbs

this lady lost her wig!

• this is alternately the funniest and saddest day in our calendar...watching fat americans stampede into Best Buy at 5 am is such a bad/funny look.

Shit, there were tons of stores around here that opened at midnight..which is stupid as fuck. Let the employees enjoy a goddamn holiday instead of making them have to go to sleep early as hell on Thanksgiving day to prepare for work. Although it doesnt affect me(besides a lot of bullshit traffic), I hate black friday.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What cant you get yesterday that wont be available in three weeks? Or even after XMas Day. I dont get it?

A now Xmas commercial are starting right after Halloween. WTF.

Why not just have X-Mas Month already. Shit is outta control.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    What cant you get yesterday that wont be available in three weeks? Or even after XMas Day. I dont get it?

Stores do ridiculous sales on stuff that day, like $50 for a flatscreen TV and $5 for a DVD player type sales.

• Options

Shit, there were tons of stores around here that opened at midnight..which is stupid as fuck. Let the employees enjoy a goddamn holiday instead of making them have to go to sleep early as hell on Thanksgiving day to prepare for work. Although it doesnt affect me(besides a lot of bullshit traffic), I hate black friday.

A lot of those employees volunteer to be there for the cash, plus some stores only put on maybe 2 salesmen since everyone who is coming in to shop at that hour knows what they want already. A woman from Sears was quoted saying something like "all our expenses are a couple of salesmen and a couple of cashiers, plus the electric bill; if we sell one sweater it's worth opening up".

I agree with what you're saying regarding the employees and I hate seeing businesses open on holidays, but some of these people might not be celebrating Thanksgiving anyway and are more than willing to work you know?

• I bought some weed

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I bought some weed
    ditto. some ill headies.