MUGGING

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
have you ever been robbed at gunpoint(or knifepoint)? plaese tell.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    naw, i do the robbing

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yes. Once in South atlanta. I had 7 dollars.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    no but it has happened to plenty of people i know:

1) my man was hit in the head with a 40 bottle by a group of teenagers trying to steal his bike but he ran and got away. another friend was carrying weed for a service and he was robbed at knifepoint. they got his bike, his serve and cash (about $2000 all told) and walkie talkie and watch.

2) just the other day my wife's friend was jumped and they beat the shit out of him. he woke up like a mile from where he was and didn't know what happened. i think they got him for a few hundred bucks, his watch and cell and credit cards

3) my old roommate was robbed at knifepoint at the atm. the guy made her withdraw the limit (i think like $300). he did that to a bunch of women within about two weeks and was on the news and got caught

4) in high school my friend was held up at gun point at a gas station in mississippi and they got her cigarettes and beer and change from a 20

i can't remember who else but i know there are lots more

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Almost every person that's close to me here in the mean streets of Killadelphia has been stuck up or mugged (even my wife), but not me. I just stroke that up to good luck- knock on wood.
    My brother and sister came home from buying a new Camry and were sitting in front of the house when dudes came up on both sides of the care with Uzis! They didn't even take the car, they just made them pop the trunk and took my sister's pocketbook.
    My wife was walking home when she was about 19 and some crackish dude came up behind her and tried to rip her earrings off. She felt the hands on her ears and instinctively turned around and yelled "get the FUCK offa me!!!" The dude was so shocked he fell to the ground, and she stood over him screaming "they're not even REAL, muthafucka!!!" Dude took off running like a bat out of hell. (This is really funny because my wife is the nice and sweet type, not at all the kind of woman who'd ever cuss somebody out like that!)
    Advice to anybody visiting Philly: if you ride the subways late at night, do NOT sit in the "suicide seats". Those are the seats right next to the door where you basically have a wall on each side of you and nowhere to go if shit pops off. I used to see dudes get robbed on the regular sitting in those seats at 1 a.m.- chains snatched, expensive eyewear grabbed, punched in the face and pockets ripped off, etc.

I've had a few times when I know some dudes were thinking about trying me, but whenever I've been in those situations I always start looking back at the would-be assailants like I'm gonna rob THEM. So far it's worked- again, knock on wood.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    One night in Richmond, VA, I was walking home from a bar, slightly drunk. It was about 5 blocks to my apartment. When I got on my block, I walked past a car with 4 dudes in it. I saw them all lookin at me. I heard the doors open, and I knew right then some shit was about to happen. Three hoody kids started walking fast towards me and one asked, "hey, where's blah blah street?"

The second I turned around, they came running at me. One of them had a lead pipe in his hand. They bummrushed me and tryed to run my pockets. Mind you, I had $80 on me, and at that time, that amount of money was like gold to me, being that I was a starving ass college kid.

The details get a bit hazy here, but I'll try to describe it as best as possible. The week before this, some guy got robbed and beaten right across the street, so I had a pretty good idea what was happening. I immediately tried to run out in the street and stop traffic. One of them grabbed my jacket and i heard it rip. I hauled off and hit the dude in the solar plexus with followthrough. He made a sound like I've never heard before... something like a balloon deflating real fast. His boy stole me in the back of the head, which probably hurt him worse than me. I reached out to grab what I could, which ended up being the hood on his sweatshirt. I had that thing wrapped around his neck and I was dragging him down the street. Next thing I know the third kid smacked me over the head with the pipe. All my hearing went out and to remain upright, I had to hold myself up between two parked cars. One of them grabbed the chain off my neck and they all ran back to their car.

So I regain my balance, and I see a cop car coming up the street. I ran out, blood pooring down my face, and hailed him down. I was like, "It was them" pointing at them as they drove right passed us, almost running me over. The cop got out and called an ambulance and asked me what happened. I was yelling at him, "go get em, they're right there!" as they screatched around the corner. He said it was his priority to make sure I was ok, and he called in a description of the car. This had me furious. More cops showed up, and all sat around like retards, telling me how stupid it was to fight them and that I could have been killed. Then the ambulance showed up.

The next morning I had a concussion and $80 in my pocket. I'm pretty sure I broke that one dude's ribs. About a year later, I saw the same cats that robbed me get another guy at an ATM.

I have other stories, but this one was the best

• Options
    Back around '93-'94 I was on 242nd St in the Bronx and left a bar with my friend and this other friend when one noticed some kids who were talking to his girl earlier were following him out. We went one block when one of them started to talk and my friend turned like he wanted to fight, but now there were five of them and two had knives out.

I had roughly 200 on me, but they ran my friend to the right of me's (the one whose girl they were talking to) pockets and got maybe 50 or so from him, next was me and for some reason real quick I said "nah man, I ain't got shit he had all the money for the night" and they never even checked me...went to the next guy and got maybe 20 from him. I was also the biggest one there and maybe they thought twice about getting in my pockets (even though they had knives), I could never figure out why they didnt check me. Sloppy work on their part.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the first week into 8th grade, i was riding my bike home from school, sporting my brand new 1990 air jordans and black satin GEORGETOWN starter jacket when this old ass RX7 coming toward me flipped a u-turn and cut me off. these two samoan dudes jumped out, the smaller of the two had some scissors in his hand, while the other guy waited by the car. scissor man ran straight at me, and kicked me in the sturnem and basically got me to the ground, kicking me in the stomach and head. when he decided that i was tenderized enough, he demanded my jacket, and said he'd kill me if i didn't give it up. i wasn't looking forward to that, so i gave it to him. then he just starts pulling at my shoes while i'm laying there bleeding , but i had them tied extra tight, and he started kicking me in my head again, so i untied them and handed them over too. i had to ride my bike home in my socks, but i got the license plate (still remember it) and called the police. an hour later, the cops told us that the car belonged to a notorious gang member and that by pressing charges, they'd somehow have access to our address and other information. my parents weren't going for that, so i had to suck that shit up... but there was one point when i thought dude was gonna shave me with those scissors. it's funny because all of my friends said, "scissors?! you're a pussy!" but it's different when you're alone, getting run up and down by some big samoan motherfuckers.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

My wife was walking home when she was about 19 and some crackish dude came up behind her and tried to rip her earrings off. She felt the hands on her ears and instinctively turned around and yelled "get the FUCK offa me!!!" The dude was so shocked he fell to the ground, and she stood over him screaming "they're not even REAL, muthafucka!!!" Dude took off running like a bat out of hell. (This is really funny because my wife is the nice and sweet type, not at all the kind of woman who'd ever cuss somebody out like that!)

Hahaha that reminded me of a story. My mom is under 5 feet tall, and less than 100 pounds. Some big dude snatched her purse in the Wal Mart parking lot in Jackson, Mississippi. She flipped out and chased the guy through the parking lot, screaming "YOU MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKER GIVE ME BACK MY PURSE YOU SONOFABITCH!" She freaked him out, and he couldn't get the getaway car passenger door open so he went in through the window, dumping the contents of the purse out on the parking lot. They sped off with the purse, and my mom got her wallet, cell phone and keys and everything else heavy that was in the purse.

• more than once unfortunately

(w/guns)

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Maybe three or four times - the worst being dragged down Oxford Street (London's most popular/busy shopping street) by six guys who told me that when they got me round the corner they were 'going to stab me in the heart'.
    They'd seen me go to a cashpoint earlier, so presumed I had lots of money, when in reality I had ??10 and being a poor student I wasn't about to give it up easily. Stupid, sure... but as they dragged me up the street (3pm, packed shopping street, warm June Saturday afternoon - ie. tons of people around who were ignoring my protests) I realised that if they did actually manage to get me into the alleyway they probably *would* actually stab me.
    So I waited until we struggled past a book store with a security guard on the door - and turned and pucnhed the main guy as hard as I could in his face. His nose exploded and he let go and I darted into the bookstore - and although the dudes... sorry, CUNTS... didn't follow me in there, they were waiting outside for me to exit again.
    The security guard wouldn't let me go out the back of the store and wouldn't call the police ("They're just kids having fun"), so I waited by the door for a bus to go speeding past - and ran out across the pavement and jumped onto the bus (it was one of the hop-on/hop-off buses, which are gradually being phased out).
    Thank God the traffic was fast moving at that point.

Other incidents have usually involved me being beaten, but fighting back and the muggers not actually getting anything off me. The feelings I go through afterwards are much worse than the actual incidents because I seem to replay the whole thing in my head again and again.

Half of the incidents can be avoided simply by looking volatile, if you know what I mean? If you're a mugger you're probably going to pick the angry-looking guy last.

Well, touch wood, it's worked for me. So far.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Once when I was 13 for my bus pass and pocket change. I had been playing Defender at some store on Jamaica Ave in Queens and these 2 dudes a little older than me must have seen me pulling out $ for the game, so they got me outside the store with a little pocketknife.

Around the same time I almost got popped for my British Walkers on a bus in Brooklyn, but an older friend saw the guys scheming and warned me ahead of time not to get off the bus without the rest of my friends. Any of you older dudes remember British Walkers? Those shits were like Jordans before Jordans existed, people got bumped for those on the regular when I was coming up in the early 80's.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

Well, touch wood, it's worked for me. So far.
    AYO