ebay grading.....

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Is such a stab in the dark, I've been burned twice in the last week. Records described as VG++ that have so much static I won't be able to play them out. Not worth the hassle to send them back from New Zealand either. It really bums me out when you are looking forward to getting the record in the post & then your excitement is crushed the moment the needle touches the vinyl. Depressing. You may as well be a deaf & blind guy trying to buy records at a fleamarket....

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    thanks for sharing

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    thanks for sharing

Yeah, I needed that, thanks for listening

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    thanks for sharing

Yeah, I needed that, thanks for listening

you'll be ok, go to the "life appreciation" thread in times of need

one love

life is beautiful

look at the birds, they sing for you

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Is such a stab in the dark, I've been burned twice in the last week. Records described as VG++ that have so much static I won't be able to play them out. Not worth the hassle to send them back from New Zealand either. It really bums me out when you are looking forward to getting the record in the post & then your excitement is crushed the moment the needle touches the vinyl. Depressing. You may as well be a deaf & blind guy trying to buy records at a fleamarket....

have you tried those de-static guns? I've thought about buying one. Anyone have experience with them? I'd imagine they're good for a pre-VPI wash.