RIP Mr. Whipple ( chega de saude price check).

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
A true american hero - who fought against insurmountable odds, never waivering, never backing down.

You will be missed.

Comments

• sad....the colonel sanders of ass wiping. RIP.

Sab, been wanting to ask you whats a MINT, Orange label Joao "Chenga De Saude" go for?

• i think the original can go for $400 the '68 reish for maybe half. I dont know which color is which. The OG is old though, it could even be from the late '50s.

• actually for mint, i would think its significantly more. To be honest, I'm probably not the best person to ask.

• i think the original can go for $400 the '68 reish for maybe half. I dont know which color is which. The OG is old though, it could even be from the late '50s.

I know the OG label is blue...this is the 68 reish Im guessing then, because all the records in this collection were from 67-73. Dang, I was hoping you were going to tell me it was a $50 record, because I really really want it, but I gotta do whats right for the store and I aint in the position to drop $200 on an LP at this time. Oh well, at least I can make a CD of it. It was funny, the lady brought a bunch of records in and we bought them all(all late 60s rock stuff) and she said "I have another box out in the car, but I dont think you will want them, they arent in English, they are from Brazil"

Thanks though....hijacking is now over..back to mourning the the man who didnt want you to squeeze.

• i think the same LP is available on an american release by verve or something with a different cover but the same tracks.

Recently I've been really getting into Bola Sete, especially the LP with Vince Guaraldi. Inexpensive, but great delicate bossa nova drum-base-piano-guitar, no horns.

• i think the same LP is available on an american release by verve or something with a different cover but the same tracks.

if i'm not mistaken, it was reissued by Atlantic as "the Warm World of Joao Gilberto." same tracks, different order, different cover.