Rapper Lil' Romeo signs to play at USC.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
[i]LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lil' Romeo is headed to Southern California to play basketball.The teenage hip-hop performer signed a national letter of intent to attend USC on Monday at a news conference held at a posh hotel near Beverly Hills.Lil' Romeo, an actor and rapper whose full name is Percy Romeo Miller, is currently a senior guard at Beverly Hills High. He averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists last season. His father, hip-hop mogul Master P, had tryouts with two NBA teams in the 1990s."This is the most important thing I've had to do and hopefully it sends a message to kids across the country that education is more important than money," Miller said at the news conference. "Getting a college scholarship is more important than winning an American Music Award, and I plan to be the best student-athlete I can be at USC."One recruiting service ranks Miller, a 6-0, 170-pounder, among the top 15 prep point guards in the country.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yea, Lil Romeo's known to have game from when he was a kid. By the way, I am an alumni of Beverly Hills High School (no, I do not live there). Maybe I'll go catch one of his games when the season starts.

Just found this. Looks like a baller to me.
    Percy Miller, class of 2008

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Has game like a young A.I., good instincts. Better be tough and willing to get hacked in the middle though if he wants to get away with some of those moves against real big guys in college.

Kid has game, unlike his father.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Has game like a young A.I., good instincts. Better be tough and willing to get hacked in the middle though if he wants to get away with some of those moves against real big guys in college.

Kid has game, unlike his father.

From what I understand, Big P had game before he blew his knee out.

• he is not ranked anywhere and i highly doubt usc is giving him one of their scholarships. anyone can announce they are "signing" a letter of intent to play at a school. i peeped the video. he can play, but usc is pushing it. the guys he was playing with, aside from the dude on his team who was dunking, looked pretty suspect. that wasn't exactly nike camp, or abcd camp highlights.

• he is not ranked anywhere and i highly doubt usc is giving him one of their scholarships. anyone can announce they are "signing" a letter of intent to play at a school. i peeped the video. he can play, but usc is pushing it. the guys he was playing with, aside from the dude on his team who was dunking, looked pretty suspect. that wasn't exactly nike camp, or abcd camp highlights.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    he is not ranked anywhere and i highly doubt usc is giving him one of their scholarships. anyone can announce they are "signing" a letter of intent to play at a school. i peeped the video. he can play, but usc is pushing it. the guys he was playing with, aside from the dude on his team who was dunking, looked pretty suspect. that wasn't exactly nike camp, or abcd camp highlights.

One wonders how many members of the press actually attended this supposed "press conference"...

• Lil romeo might be the first beverly hills high school basketball player to get his number retired since Brandon Walsh.

Lil romeo might be the first beverly hills high school basketball player to get his number retired since Brandon Walsh.

...and the most devastating on the mic since Brian Austin Green.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i think i read something about how they were signing him to get at one of his friends or something. a package deal if you will. i might be wrong though.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I don't follow basketball, but isn't being "Lil" not so great?

He looks like he can ball though.

They would be crazy if they gave him a scholarship. He looked like he was playing against the freshman team in all those highlights.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    usc is pushing it
    you mean that a division 1 sports program intentionally hypes players that don't deserve it? in order to what? obtain unearned rankings and therein advertising dollars from broadcast games? especially that bastion of educational and athletic supremacy known as the island of trust-fund sustained living encircled by and fenced off from crippling poverty USC?
    SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

• Lil romeo might be the first beverly hills high school basketball player to get his number retired since Brandon Walsh.

there is decent production on BAG's album. for serious.

They would be crazy if they gave him a scholarship. He looked like he was playing against the freshman team in all those highlights.

Another thing..dude didnt look 6 foot. But then again..I know most players exaggerate their height in college/NBA.

• By the way, I am an alumni of Beverly Hills High School

your playground exploits are looking

i'm picturing collared shirts and khakis.

By the way, I am an alumni of Beverly Hills High School

your playground exploits are looking

i'm picturing collared shirts and khakis.

no doubt. that's why I had to include it in parenthesis, "I don't live there". And for the record, Beverly Hills HS is all about wealthy Persian kids in beamers, not what you would assume.

• And for the record, Beverly Hills HS is all about wealthy Persian kids in beamers, not what you would assume.

You're so right I wouldn't assume that wealthy kids in beamers attended Beverley Hills HS what a shocker

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    And for the record, Beverly Hills HS is all about wealthy Persian kids in beamers, not what you would assume.

You're so right I wouldn't assume that wealthy kids in beamers attended Beverley Hills HS what a shocker

But they Persian, son!

• what's that some kind of chinese or some shit

Lil romeo might be the first beverly hills high school basketball player to get his number retired since Brandon Walsh.

there is decent production on BAG's album. for serious.

Didn't Tre from the Pharcyde do a lot of it? I remember reading a joint interview with the two of them at the time where they talked about how they were in a constant competition to dress better than one another and therefore pushed each other to new levels of personal style.

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT LIL ROMEO AKA PERCY MILLER, YOU FRUITTARTS.

• Can you still fit in that Tonka big wheel shit he had in the video

you smell like a berkley fruittart.

• I'm just saying I wish I could rock some Tonka truck shit and if I was small like you I could probably do just that

You would situate nicely at Beverly with your Lacoste-scented aroma.

• Hmmm I thought Berkeley fruittart aroma was more like patchouli but then this dude told me that Berkeley is just like Wall Street

Actually, they are all of the same Bath and Body Works variety. If you can smell what I am cookin'.

• I can't smell you son you odorless and tasteless like the ghost is faceless

you mad colorful and gay (no homo) like a tie-dye shirt.