HITMAN The Movie...

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hitman Blood Money is one of my favorite video games. Im sure the movie cant duplicate the vibe. Im sure it your run of the mill coverup/gunplay flick.Im still gonna check it though.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    look like it will be alot like "the transporter part 6" or any one of those other pointless movies.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    look like it will be alot like "the transporter part 6" or any one of those other pointless movies.

That's what im scared of.

But you probably didnt play the video game, so u wouldnt have a point of reference.

That's what im scared of.

But you probably didnt play the video game, so u wouldnt have a point of reference.

Ive played hitman. I thought it was cool. nothing mind blowing.

But i cant get exited for a movie about it.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    It'd be nice to have a video game flick where I could give it higher praise than "not too bad".

True.

But Hitman isnt some big phenomenon like Lara Croft/Turtles/Mario Bros.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Batmon, This new movie looks wack. When I clicked on this thread I thought it was about "Hit Man." Bernie Casey and Pam Grier. 1972 remake of "Get Carter" with a Black cast.........

Batmon, This new movie looks wack. When I clicked on this thread I thought it was about "Hit Man." Bernie Casey and Pam Grier. 1972 remake of "Get Carter" with a Black cast.........

How's the Soundtrack?

• Batmon, This new movie looks wack. When I clicked on this thread I thought it was about "Hit Man." Bernie Casey and Pam Grier. 1972 remake of "Get Carter" with a Black cast.........

How's the Soundtrack?

Compared to Get Carter, how's the film?

• look like it will be alot like "the transporter part 6" or any one of those other pointless movies.

transporter 1 and 2 are really entertaining. jason statham is a badass.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

They actually really wanted Statham for the Role, but he turned it down.

I would've too. The guy who is playing him now is a tool.

He was the worst Die hard villain of all time hands down.

- spidey

I heard the first was pretty good.

I liked Stratham in Jet Li's The One.

I heard the first was pretty good.

I liked Stratham in Jet Li's The One.

dudes, those movies were not good.

Edit: I never saw the second one, but i cant imagine it was any radical departure for the series.

Im picturing alot of jumping out of exploding cars and a cheesy nu metal soundtrack.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

How's the Soundtrack?

Never seen Get Carter, but Hitman's one of the best Black action films of the era.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It'd be nice to have a video game flick where I could give it higher praise than "not too bad".

Right. but other than RPGs like Final Fantasy, most video games aren't deep enough to proffer a solid screenplay. And even the FF movies don't look all that imprressive.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

How's the Soundtrack?

Never seen Get Carter, but Hitman's one of the best Black action films of the era.

'Get Carter' is one bleak and violent picture, Michael Caine is excellent. The 2 films are really quite different, but I guess that 'Hitman' does lift the plot pretty thoroughly.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

How's the Soundtrack?

I would highly recommend watching this film as a matter of priority.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Speaking of numbers, this line from the trailer makes me think this must be the wackest videogame movie ever:

"Where I come from, we didn't have names. They gave us numbers."

"What number were you?"

"47"

• The movie was really stupid and I don't think you have had to play the game to require a point of reference when watching the movie. They basically explain the origins and everything throughout the movie.

That said the movie was dumb. The one saving grace was the russian woman. Cot damn she was fly. For the most part I don't find a lot of eatern european women attractive but thats one Ukranian who could get it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I thought the movie sucked. But the gurl was hawt...