DAMN,DAMN,DAMN!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
A couple of days ago I went to Fordham Rd. in the Bronx to cop some new records. There is a Music Factory on the strip. I haven't been there in a minute.I get there to see that the store has shrank and got rid of about 75% of its wax.Truthfully, I almost started to cry, no lie. I've copped many new singles from that store for about 13 years. With technology evolving, I guess this is inevitable. Whatever, I always mourn a little when a record store fizzles out.This place was where alot of Uptown Bronx kids showcase their mixtapes/cds. Alot of local d.j.s would rack up on the new singles you just had to incorporate into your playlist. Far from the hippest place , it just was an important spot for my collection. .DAMN,DAMN,DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I feel ya - the end of Peter Dunn's Vinyl Museum locations in Toronto was not a good look - wasn't uncommon to locate stuff like Isaac Hayes's 'Truck Turner' or Johnny Pate's 'Shaft in Africa' soundtracks there for $ 1.00 in its heyday (especially the stores on Yonge Street and down on the Lakeshore)...