Biz's Beat Of The Day (YTR)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

I've never seen an episode of this show, but the clips of the kids dancing have me cracking up.

Comments

• My boys love this show.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Yo Gabba Gabba is stupid fresh.

My daughter loves it.

And I especially like the Miami bass inspired song about eating your vegetables.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    That show has an appealing aesthetic, but at times it's also got this thinly veiled contempt for kids, which makes me uneasy.

• So dope. This shit gets watched.

• um...wow! that shit is great...I would totally let my kids watch this...

• That show has an appealing aesthetic, but at times it's also got this thinly veiled contempt for kids, which makes me uneasy.

Huh? Please to 'splain.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    when did they start working on yo gabba gabba? 2005? i kept seeing stuff about it for a long long time, glad to see its finally on tv.

• So dope. This shit gets watched.

*yes
    *someone microwave that
    *devo owns you f*cks

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    That show has an appealing aesthetic, but at times it's also got this thinly veiled contempt for kids, which makes me uneasy.

Huh? Please to 'splain.

Most of the time the absurdity seems positive and good-hearted, which is great, and most of the time the mockery is aimed at grown-ups (or at least non-kids), which is also fine (Giant Cazals and boomboxes?! Weren't the 80s crazy?!), but from time to time, there's this sense, this undertone--most often from the guests, but not always--of Hey Everybody, Let's Do Some Dumb Shit For The Kids!

Also, in a different vein, I caught one episode where there was some cartoon about a "mountain love story" or something, with the most stereotypical, knot-holed, gap-tooth, torn-overall-wearing, drinking-likker-from-a-jug-with-three-Xs-on-it, banjer-pickin' shit you can imagine.

This is all coming off more serious than I mean it to, and again, most of the time that show seems fine, it's just that whenever I get the sense that a kids' show thinks it's okay to do snarky shit just because "Hey, it'll go over the kids' heads anyway, and it'll make their folks giggle," it makes me think less of that show, however cool it may be otherwise.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    my kids like this show.. I think the moog / 808 beats are Frickin' awesome... I like how they incorporate hip hop, but not in the sterotypical yo yo yo rap hands sorta way. At leas t they didn???t used to, I only started seeing guest just recently.. any way if anyone is going to tech my kids how to beat box, I???m happy its Biz???

p.s.

I have been waiting to buy some of the gear the kids wear in the show for my kids!

• Yo, this kid's moves are W-A-C-K!

I'm pretty sure I'd win if we had a battle.

• Most of the time the absurdity seems positive and good-hearted, which is great, and most of the time the mockery is aimed at grown-ups (or at least non-kids), which is also fine (Giant Cazals and boomboxes?! Weren't the 80s crazy?!), but from time to time, there's this sense, this undertone--most often from the guests, but not always--of Hey Everybody, Let's Do Some Dumb Shit For The Kids!

Also, in a different vein, I caught one episode where there was some cartoon about a "mountain love story" or something, with the most stereotypical, knot-holed, gap-tooth, torn-overall-wearing, drinking-likker-from-a-jug-with-three-Xs-on-it, banjer-pickin' shit you can imagine.

This is all coming off more serious than I mean it to, and again, most of the time that show seems fine, it's just that whenever I get the sense that a kids' show thinks it's okay to do snarky shit just because "Hey, it'll go over the kids' heads anyway, and it'll make their folks giggle," it makes me think less of that show, however cool it may be otherwise.