Amiga label releases

CoxorangeCoxorange 3 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone know any goodies from there exceptRudolf tomsits - studioband and Gunter fisher quintett - kombination

Comments

• ive been after a few of those earlier "Hallo" comps on Amiga if anyone can hook me up ... for trade or cash, whatever.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Pop singer Manfred Krug had quite a few on Amiga. There's that "When The Morning Comes" song which was on a Dusty Fingers record and another with "Lucretia McEvil". Dusty Groove had a 60-70s Amiga 2CD comp that may be still available.

• yeah -- Krug has some fun stuff. i quite like his first LP "das war nicht ein moment" (or whatever its called)

his voice can grate quite a lot though....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This record shreds! Heavy prog jazz/rock w/ female vocals on a few tracks. Sounds like a heavier Grupa ABC on muza.

sippy cup style...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Das unsichtbare Visier by Walter Kubiczek
    That record is an end to end burner.

• Whats the name of the album with "wasserpheife blues" on it? Isnt that on Amiga?

Grope, help me man!

Dont have it here...

Dress

• Whats the name of the album with "wasserpheife blues" on it? Isnt that on Amiga?

Grope, help me man!

Dont have it here...

Dress

I think that's that "Big Band Aktuel" record... is it Peter Herbolzheimer or Jerzy Milian? Can't remember.

• Thats the one... I dont think its Helbolzheimer related. Amiga is an east label. Wasn't Herbolzheimer from West Germany?

I could be wrong though.

Peace,

Dress

• Thats the one... I dont think its Helbolzheimer related. Amiga is an east label. Wasn't Herbolzheimer from West Germany?

I could be wrong though.

Peace,

Dress

Yeah, I think Herbolzheimer was from the West, but if I remember right he has a couple of live LPs on Amiga.

Although it turns out the one I'm thinking of is the live LP on Poljazz, which has a good version of "The Catfish".

"Big Band Aktuel" compiles two jazz big bands, each one gets a side. If I remember right, one of the bands is the Jerzy Milian band and that's the side with "Wasserpfeife Blues". My copy is in storage, anyone know what the other band is?

• I never realised it was two different bands on that lp. I guess I need to sharpen my german skills.

Isn't the Modern Soul Band on Amiga as well?

Dress

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This one is OK if you can get past Klaus Nowordworsky and Uschi Br??ning singing/reciting Pablo Neruda and Langston Hughes with a heavy german akzent:

The Big Band Aktuell is OK. There is a live Herbolzheimer on Amiga, but it's just a repack of this:

I wouldn't mind having that Panta Rhei. Thanks for posting the clip, rap79.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I recommend "Aufbruch" by Klaus Lenz big band. Good nickname by the way! The Cox Orange drums are really what's what.

• The Hallo compilations are pretty good to start with. Also the Rhythm xx compilations are really good.

The xx is for the anual year like Rhythm 72, Rhythm 73 and so on.

Also check this Link to hear a lot of Amiga stuff. Its a box of all 3 Amiga A Go Go compilations that are compiling a lot of groovy and funky stuff. You will get a lot of names to look out for.

AMIG BOX

Vol.1
    Is full of funky and soulfull stuff. Hochzeitsnacht is a soul banger.

Vol.2
    Is not so nice in my opinion, it concentrates mostly on the beat bands of the GDR.

Vol.3
    Is a compilation about the grooviest shit that Walter Kubiczek did, so almost everything from "Das Unsichtbare Visier" and "Heisse Spur" is on there.

And Check for this album. There are the tunes "Hackepeter" and "Derby" which are straight funk covers under diffrent names. I cant remeber right now the original names of the funk tunes but you konow it when you hear it.

And check for these snippets too. Veronika Fischer, she was the female singer of Phanta Rei before she formed her own band. She did 4 albums on Amiga which have some nice material on it. "Wir fahrn mit dem Zug" gotta breakbeat and is really danceable. "Als ich noch ein Kind war" is a killer soultune in 3/4 beat.
    VERONIKA FISCHER

Peace
    Hawkeye

• the jazzanova guys did this comp of Amiga stuff in 2001:

which i dig a lot - mainly because its got some really good modal / latin(!) stuff on it. Upon checking my divshare account, it looks like my 256kb rip is still up and running - do what you gotta do