Microwave QUESTION (NQRR)

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
sorry i know i should take this to scratchlive forum but just wanted to try here first:i'm using my microwave with an old Numark SM-1 mixer, and am having cut-in delays when i try to do scratches, the vinyl control is perfect though, no latency at all.does anyone have this same problem ? RANE/ Pioneer users I assume y'all doesn't have this issue right?many thanks.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    sorry i know i should take this to scratchlive forum but just wanted to try here first:

i'm using my microwave with an old Numark SM-1 mixer, and am having cut-in delays when i try to do scratches, the vinyl control is perfect though, no latency at all.

does anyone have this same problem ? RANE/ Pioneer users I assume y'all doesn't have this issue right?

many thanks.

ur gunna just have to get used to it. cutting real vinyl and Microwave vinyl is ALMOST THE SAME, like 92% the same, but for someone like u so used to records, theres just a slight teething period getting used to the new feel, and of the record weight too....

peace.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    the vinyl control is perfect though, no latency at all.

Are you sure? What do you have the buffer setting at? I would check that to be sure. If you have a relatively new computer you can put it pretty low.